Chapter 30: Official

April 31, 2023, 6:17 p.m.
Case #: 162.386.445–001
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT OF POLICE INTERROGATION ROOM 30142
————-////—————////————////————

OFFICER: I am Officer Stan Mathews at the precinct in downtown New Jersey. For the record, it is April 31, 6:17 pm. I am sitting here with Mr. Adam Carnegie. Is this correct Mr. Carnegie. This is being recorded. Do you understand this?
CARNEGIE: Yes
OFFICER: For the record, please state your full name, occupation, and your consent to being interrogated.
CARNEGIE: Am I going to jail?
OFFICER: Please answer the questions Mr. Carnegie.
CARNEGIE: My name is Adam A. Carnegie. I'm the new owner of Carnegie Hall Law Firm... it was my grandpa's original creation back in... the thirties? What was the last thing?
OFFICER: Your consent to this interrogation. You're being recorded.
CARNEGIE: Yes, where's Eleanor? What're you going to do to her.
OFFICER: That is disclosed information. We need to hear a few things from you first Mr. Carnegie.
CARNEGIE: Is she okay?

___

He killed our son. Tell them he killed our son. Then he will go to jail and you can get a shorter sentence.

Tell them. All the Carnegie's deserve to rot! Tell them! TELL THEM!

The thoughts repeated themselves as Eleanor sat with hands chained together. She was exhausted, but mostly confused. She couldn't believe that Adam had ratted her our- after everything she'd gone through to hide. After revealing her identity with high hopes and expectations. It was all for not.

She stared at the ceiling, ignoring the door that opened and the footsteps that approached her and sat across the table.

"You don't look like a cold-blooded murderer." Whoever had entered spoke jokingly, she kept her eyes trained on the wall. Her mind suddenly wandered to Josiah, he didn't deserve what happened to him. He didn't deserve her entering his life and destroying it.

"Right then," the man cleared his throat. "I'm officer Stan."

"The most unoriginal name ever." She looked him dead in the eye as he stared right back.

"Excuse me?"

"Your name... it's unoriginal... so first I get arrested and next I'm getting interrogated by some unoriginally lame cop named Stan. Couldn't I have had someone with a cooler name?"

"Excuse me?" He stared at her, confusion embroidering his features.

She shrugged her shoulders and turned her attention back to the ceiling. The light pierced her emerald blue eyes, creating a whiteness in them that wasn't there before.

"Okay Mrs. Carnegie..."

"That's not my name."

"So what is your name?" He was playing along, probably humoring her until she decided to spill the truth. He had all night after all. All week if he must, and if anything came up- she'd be taken to trial and such a pretty face might end up in jail or on death row.

"Allison Cooper, also known as Eleanor Undead."

"By our records, Allison, you don't exist..."

"Yeah I'm illegal... throw me out if you must." She turned her attention back to him, no emotion on her face as she now glared at the metal around her wrists.