Chapter 42: Dangerously

Dedicated to @Ilovefoodbishes
Thanks for all your comments and votes! I appreciate you!
——————
the moment you've been waiting for....
Sorry for the long wait. Hope this chapter doesn't disappoint and was long enough to sustain you up for a while! ❤️ trying my hardest to find time guys, please bear with me.

"Hey," she wistfully said from across the room, her heart pounding inside her chest. It could be heard from miles away as the loud from the restraint faded. It was chilly, but a nice cold that filled the room with a clean feel.

He was at a table alone, his fingers playing with the corner of the menu. He was unsure what to do, unsure if he should leave. So much had happened, so damn much had caused him pain.

The room was dimmed with faint music playing in the background and soaking into his ears.

He hadn't heard her, there were too many people. But he felt her presence and turned.

Madison stood with bright eyes, her nerves on edge as she smiled at him. She wasn't ugly, he just couldn't get the picture of Eleanor out of his mind once he was met with her blonde hair. The same wispy color that caused him to stand up and approach her. The whimsical texture that seemed to fly with each passing step.

They'd been only married for a year and yet he couldn't shake the feeling that he lost something valuable and wasn't getting it back.

He had a thing for blondes which didn't exist before he met Eleanor. And he hated himself for talking to Madison for the sole reason of the color of her hair. She could be as boring as a plank of wood, but he'd still want to talk to her, just to look at her hair.

Was that weird?

He'd had endless nights of sleepless nightmares. It all ran down to the center of the issue.

Eleanor has died, Eleanor did not actually die, Eleanor came back and committed a crime, Eleanor disappeared, Eleanor reappeared, Eleanor was alive.

***

"Eleanor, you look like shit! Take the day off." Stephanie, of Demeter Modeling company, called as soon as she walked into work that morning. Truth was, Eleanor was exhausted and if the dark bags under her eyes didn't show it, then the slow movements she made probably did.

Between her nightly activities and her daily job at Demeter, it was as though she had no time to relax, or breathe even.

"You know Steph," Eleanor approached the older woman, a joking smile on her face as she put her elbow on the woman's shoulder and leaned, " I think I will."

Stephanie simply shrugged Eleanor's arm off and headed for the stairs.

And with that, Eleanor turned around and headed through the door. She decided what better way to spend the day than walking around New Jersey enjoying the cool air. She hadn't actually been out and about on these streets for months.

It felt like so much time had gone by and nothing came from it but boredom and lots and lots of sleeping around with strangers.

Eleanor roamed the streets, feeling bubbly as she crossed the street with the sun spraying her with warmth. She missed this- this feeling of being surrounded by nature and getting the chance to have the rays of sunlight dance on her skin.

She approached a nearby shop, looking at the delicate clothes inside and entering. She hadn't bought clothes for herself in months, she hadn't chosen what to wear for months.
It was as though the world had moved onto another beginning and she was ready for the old story to end.