Chapter 8

'Hey are you hungry?' Thomas asks as we drive. I had just finished my shift and I couldn't seem to get Connor off my mind.

'Yeah.' I say truthfully.

'Maccas?' He says laughing and I nod my head in agreement. We go through the drive through and order an abundance of food. The lady taking our order laughs at how much we order.

'It's been good having you around. I've missed you heaps.' I say and he looks at me surprised.

'I'm glad, I wish I was around more often.' He says and I swear his voice nearly cracks which surprises me. Thomas isn't the emotional type, especially around me.

'Now look at me. I'm getting all emotional.' Thomas laughs as we pull into out driveway, the front room lights are on and I furrow my eyebrows.

'Thomas why are the lights on?' I say.

'What? I turned them off, I swear.' Thomas pales. 'Stay here bells.' He says and opens the front door. I follow after him. There is no sign of anyone and the house is the same as when we left it, I roll my eyes.

'Wow Thomas.' I say and he shrugs, going into his room.

I go into the bathroom and step in the shower, letting the warm water cascade down my back. Long after the timer goes off I finally get out and wrap a towel around my small body. I walk down the hallway until I get to my room. Ah I can't wait to sleep.

'Don't let the towel drop.' A voice says behind me and I scream. I whip my head around so quickly it's a surprise I don't get whiplash. I cling onto the white towel desperately praying it doesn't fall to the ground.

'What the hell Parker! You psycho! Get out!' I scream throwing my hairbrush at him. He chuckles in surrender and waits outside my room. I quickly throw on my pyjamas and wrap my hair around the towel.

'You can come in now.' I mumble annoyed and open the door to a smiley Parker.

'Great.' He says and sits down on my bed as if nothing just happened.

'How the heck did you get in here and why are you here?' I say questioningly as I take a seat next to him.

'Jackson told me where you live so I was wondering if you wanted to hang.' He says nonchalantly and lies on my bed with his heads above his head.

'So you thought you'd break into my house? You could just call me.' I say annoyed, I can't believe he just saw me in my towel! This is so freaking embarrassing.

'What's the fun in that? And you should really hide your spare key better, I mean seriously? Under the door mat is so cliché.' He says, his eyes crinkling when he laughs.

'Ughhh.' I groan. 'You're so annoying!' I chuck a pillow at him.

'Thanks babe, I really appreciate that compliment.' He says.

'Don't call me that.' I say and he raises an eyebrow.

'What, you don't like me calling you babe?' He says smirking and I nod my head no.

'Babe. Babe. Babe! Babe! Babe! Babe. Babe! Babe. Babe!' He says and I give him a blank stare.

'Just call me Arabella!' I giggle and he pouts.

'No can do. What about sweetie? Angel? Baby? Princess?' He says and I shake my head at all of them

'Fine, I'll just call you babe.' He pokes me.

'Ugh no.' I say.

'I know you love it.' He says teasingly and I do, but he doesn't need to know that. His ego doesn't need to get any larger, thanks to me.

'You should probably go, it's late and if Thomas finds you he'll kill you.' I say giggling.

'Who's Thomas?' He says intrigued.

'My older brother.' I say.

'Ah, I'm not scared of older brothers.' He says cockily.

'Whatever, I'm going to get a drink.' I say walking downstairs, Parker follows behind me.

'Are you kidding me? Go back upstairs!' I say that and he shakes his head.

'I'd rather be with you.' He says smoothly.

'Stop trying to flirt with me, go home!' I whisper and he laughs really loudly.

'Why is there a boy with you? How did you even get in here? Thomas asks Parker and I shoot him a death stare.

'You should really hide the spare key better.' Parker says and I gasp. Does he want to get killed?! Thomas stares Parker up and down.

'He broke in?!' Thomas yells staring at me.

'Yeah, I know right. It's okay though, I know him.' I say reassuringly.

'I'm Parker, Arabella's friend.' He says politely.

'That's something new. I'm Thomas, her older brother.' He says and I roll my eyes. I take Parker's hand and lead him outside.

'We're holding hands.' Parker says.

'I guess we are.' I blush. 'You should probably go now. It's late and we have school tomorrow.' I say and he nods and let's go of my hand.

'I'll see you tomorrow then.' He says and I raise my eyebrows.

'Really? And how will that happen?' I say.

'I'll figure out something babe. Sweet dreams.' He says and places a gentle kiss on my cheek.

'Goodnight Parker.' I say flustered and he hops into his ute and drives off.

-------------------
Are you guys liking this story? Tell me what you think about it!! Don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks for reading! 💖