Chapter 30

Parker's POV

It's been two weeks since I've spoken to Arabella. Two weeks since I was hospitalised, I miss her like crazy. I wonder how she's doing without me, maybe she's moved on. I certainly haven't. I haven't been at school and I've made no social contact with anyone else. She stopped calling after the third day, I always waited for her to call me but she didn't.

She left voicemails that made my heart shatter all over again, she was crying into the phone.

'Hey Parker, it's me Arabella.' She sniffles. 'I'm sitting in my car outside a service station. It's 3am and I miss you more than anything. You were the best thing that happened to me y'know? I love you so much and I can't believe I stuffed up that badly. I'm a mess without you Parker. I don't know why I'm calling you, you don't want to talk to me. I just want to hear your voice again, it's been so long. I miss you so much Parker. Please call me back.'

I listened to that voicemail everyday and each time I did, it hurt my heart a little more each day. I still don't have the guts to call her back.

I stagger into the bathroom and take a shower, I need to clean up today.

'Hi darling, you look nice.' My mum says as I hobble down to the kitchen, this is the nicest I've looked for a while, I've actually put effort into something for the first time in two weeks.

'Thanks mum.' I say as I walk over to  the table, carefully balancing my weight on one foot, I recently got my cast off my leg and I have to be careful not to put any pressure on it.

'What are you going to do today?' Mum asks me from across the table.

'I was just going to stay here.' I say.

'Parker, it's been two weeks. You need to do something.' She says warily and I mentally agree with her, I do need to get out and do something. I've been in this house too long it's getting boring,

'I have nothing to do.' I shrug and she pulls out a list from her bag. It's a grocery list.

'Could you get these for me?' She says and I nod my head, making her smile. I quickly finish the rest of my lunch and I grab my keys.

I turn on the radio and there's nothing on so I ride in silence, my thoughts consuming me. I don't know what I'm doing as I pull into the burger joint. I have no clue what I'm going to say to her but I just need to see her. I need to see the golden glimmer of her hair and look into her blue eyes.

The restaurant is busy and I scan the building for Arabella as I bump into James.

'Is Arabella here?' My voice sounds weird saying her name, he furrows his eyebrows.

'No she isn't working today. Sorry man.' James says awkwardly and I nod and walk off feeling disappointed.

I contemplate going home but mum will be disappointed if I go home empty handed, I huff as I pull into the grocery store. I put in my earphones as I walk down the aisles tossing random items into the trolley. As I pass the corner I accidentally bump into someone knocking them onto the ground.

'Oh my god I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going.' I say awkwardly and my I gasp when I see who it is, my Arabella. Her blue eyes have a grey tone and they look lifeless, her blonde hair is cut and she is in her favourite sweats. She has no makeup on and she looks flawless.