Chapter 31

The cold breeze in my room wakes me up early. My cheeks are still warm from yesterday and all I can think about is that Parker and I are okay. No more fighting, obviously we'll take it slow but I'm so glad we made up.

I grab my phone off the nightstand and groan when I see it hadn't charged all night, but a smile quickly appears on my face when I see a text from Parker.

From Parker- Morning :)) see you later

To Parker- See you soon Parkertown

I can't hide the smile on my face as I race down the stairs trying not to trip and fall on my face. No one is awake yet and the house is peaceful, I make a bowl of cereal and sit outside on the porch.

I watch as Annie, my neighbour waters her flower bed. I've always been so jealous of her beautiful garden, I place my bowl down and walk over to say hi.

'Your tulips look beautiful.' I say from behind her and she turns around with a smile, she instantly hugs me.

'Thankyou dear.' She says and I smile.

'Do you want me to help water them?' I ask and her smile widens as she passes me the hose.

I get to work watering the rest of her yard, it's quite relaxing actually. When I finish she walks out with a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

'For you.' She says handing them to me and I try to decline.

'I don't need all of these!' I giggle and she hands them to me anyway.

'Thanks Annie, have a great day.' I say as she kisses my cheek. I place the cookies on the counter once I get home and grab one as I walk upstairs to get ready. Mhm. She is the best baker ever, maybe I will eat all of them.

I throw on my school uniform and take a little extra time applying my makeup, I actually put effort into myself today. I straighten my hair and pull it up in a high ponytail and secure it with a little bow. With one last look in the mirror I skip downstairs eager for the day.

Parker's POV

When I check my phone again I have two texts one from Arabella and one from Connor. I read them both.

From Arabella: See you soon Parkertown

I smile at the text, I hate when she calls me that but I also kind of like it. It makes her laugh and I love seeing her happy.

From Connor- Can you meet me at the falls? Please I need to talk to you man.

I furrow my eyebrows, I don't want to see Connor after everything he's done. He always seems to be trying to break Arabella and I apart, I have to give him a chance though.

To Connor- I'll be there in 25 minutes

I send and place my phone in my pocket as I walk down and grab breakfast, I purposely ruffle Rose's hair which makes her scream in anger.

'You're happier today?' She raises her eyebrow at me and I shrug.

'I am. Tell mum I'm leaving now, I have  to go do something before school. Love you! Bye.' I say as I walk out of the house with a bowl of cereal and my keys in my hand. The drive is much harder than I expected and I ended up spilling milk all over my carpet making me groan in annoyance.