Chapter 10

My last class before lunch went quickly and I found myself standing infront of the crowded cafeteria. I scanned the lunch room for my group of friends but it looked like I was the first one there today. I found an empty table and sat down, pulling out my phone and waiting for the rest of my group to come. I hated getting there first, it was so awkward.

'Arabella, can we sit here?' I look up to see Parker, Jackson and Connor all towering over me.

'Uh yeah sure, take a seat.' I say flustered. I still can't believe they are all going to be at my school. It's pretty coincidental really, three gorgeous boys transferring to my school and becoming my friends. Well at least Jackson and Parker were.

'So, how are you liking this school so far? I say lamely, honestly that is the worst question I could have asked them, they're gonna think I'm such a weirdo.

'It's been good so far.' Parker smiles as he sits next to me, Connor and Jackson are seated opposite me. They both nod their heads in agreement.

'Arabella!!' Sam shrieks from across the cafeteria and she comes running over to our table. Oh man, she's gonna freak when she sees them.

'Hey Sam.' I say and watch as her jaw slacks open as she studies the boys, their individual characteristics making her swoon.

'Better shut your mouth or you'll catch flies.' Connor smirks at Sam as a deep red blush spreads across her face. I watch as she takes a seat next to Connor. I can't help but feel a little bit jealous.

'Connor, Parker, Jackson this is my crazy best friend Sam.' I smile and point to Sam.

'Hey, I'm Parker.' Parker smiles widely, showing off his dimples.

'Jackson.' Jackson says while taking a sip of his iced coffee.

'I'm Connor, babe.' Connor smirks and I roll my eyes.

'Do you have to flirt with her?' I groan and Sam smiles.

'Why are you jealous?' Connor says and I bite my tongue to restrict myself from making a snarky comment.

'Wanna get out of here?' Parker whispers into my ear, my body reacting in goosebumps forming across my arms.

'S-Sure.' I stutter and stand as Parker announces we have to get working on a French project together. They don't buy it all, they just smirk and wave us off. I hope Sam will be okay with the boys. I guide Parker to a secluded green area, it's a nice place to think and talk to someone.

'Hey are you feeling okay?' Parker says softly.

'Yeah I'm fine, I don't think Connor likes me too much honestly.' I say as he listens contently.

'Connor is a hard person to be around until you know him. Don't take it too personally.' Parker says holding my cheek.

'Okay, can you tell me about yourself? I feel like I hardly know you.' I say and he smiles.

'Of course. I'm 18 years old, I have 2 little sisters they are 11 and 15. I have a chocolate Labrador at home and I love eating sushi, I played Basketball back at home, I might even sign up for it this year and when I don't know what I want to do when I'm older.' Parker smiles and I nod.

'Your turn.' He says.

'Okay well I've been working in the Burger Joint for 3 years, I have an older brother in college, he's a slob. I love watching scary movies and eating ice cream and just like you, I have no idea what I want to do when I'm older.' I finish and smile.

'Aw, scary movies hey?' Parker wiggles his eyes brows.

'Surprised?' I smirk and he puts his hands up in surrender.

'A little, I thought you'd be more of a romantic comedy person.' He says and I roll my eyes. How stereotypical, a girl can like scary movies!

'Ugh that's what everyone thinks.' I say annoyed.

'Well then we'll definitely have to have a scary movie marathon.' Parker winks.

'Let's do it.' I say smiling.

Parker and I talked for the rest of lunchtime and I learnt a lot about him, that I would have never guessed. My stomach hurt from laughing so much at his pathetic jokes and my face was strained from smiling.

'What do you have next lesson?' Parker asks me.

'Science.' I say.

'Good, we have the same class. We can be lab partners!' Parker yells out a bit too loudly, earning some stares from students.

'You sound like a little kid, it's cute.' I pinch his cheeks.

'Stop. I'm not cute, I'm a bad boy remember?' He says staring right into my eyes.

'Oh please, not this again.' I roll my eyes as I tease him.

'You love it Arabella.' He says and I smile and take my hand in his, we walk back to the guys just before the bell goes off. Connor notices us holding hands and scoffs. Sam is not there, she must be at the bathrooms or something.

'What did you get into her pants or something?' Connor sneers and I gasp.

'What the hell Connor!' Jackson slaps him around the head and I avert my eyes to the floor. Connor storms off giving me one last icy glare, as I wish I could be swallowed by the floor.