Chapter 23

Parker had just left for his last class and I was walking to mine, I am so excited for tonight. We haven't ever hung out in a whole group, and I was looking forward to it.

'Hey you.' Connor says as he bumps in next to me and I smile.

'Hii.' I say cheerfully. My mood has increased dramatically from this morning.

'How are you feeling?' He asks, stuffing his hands into his jean pockets.

'I'm okay. Thanks for sticking up for me back there.' I say and Connor smiles.

'No problem. Amanda's a real bitch.' He says nonchalantly and I raise my eyebrow, my mind wandering back to the time I saw them on a date together at the restaurant.

'I thought you liked her? Remember when you were on a date where I work?' I ask and he makes a gagging noise.

'Truth is, I went there to see you, and I invited her to make you jealous.' He says and I look to the ground.

'I don't see you that way though, I think you're really good with Parker. I think I like someone else.' Connor says uncertain. It's amazing too see how much he's changed in the time I've known him. When I first met him he was an asshole and I felt like ripping out his hair whenever he was near me, but now we could have pleasant and enjoyable conversations. It was nice.

Connor's POV

I couldn't stop lying, it was inevitable. I needed to tell Arabella the truth but I didn't want too risk our newly made friendship. I was the one who gave Amanda the idea to kiss Parker, I didn't even have a valid reason for it. I guess I was just angry at Parker because he beat me up. I didn't even like Arabella in that way and their relationship didn't bother me at all.

Flashback

'Connor baby, come back to bed.' Amanda's shrill voice sounded through the house and I groaned. She'd been here all night and I honestly just wanted her to leave. I didn't want her to get the idea I liked her or anything.

'Come down here!' I yell as I hear Amanda walking down the hallway. I smirk when I see her, she's wearing a lace red bra with matching underwear and she looked sexy. She grinds against me and I smirk as I grip her hips.

'I have a fun idea.' I say into her ear and she smiles deviously.

'Oh yeah?' She asks and I smirk.

'We're going to ruin someone's relationship.' I say, the words spill out of my mouth before I can stop them. I don't think, I knew I shouldn't be doing this to my best mate, my brain was on autopilot and I couldn't stop myself.

'Who?' She asks fluttering her mascara laden eyelashes.

'Parker and Arabella.' I say and her smile widens.

'Great. I know exactly what to do.' She says as she walks away to get changed, I slap her ass and she squeals.

Minutes later she told me her plan, and I smiled and told her it was perfect.

I felt so bad. I had betrayed my best and ruined his relationship with the nicest girl on the planet.

'Helloooo are you alive in there?' I'm snapped back into reality by Arabella's voice. She's clicking her fingers and tapping my head and I realise I must've been daydreaming pretty hard.

'Yeah sorry I was just thinking about an test I have next week.' I lie and she nods her head in agreement.

'Oh man, I know. I have so many assignments.' She says and I smile. Our last lesson goes by so quickly and soon enough I'm standing outside the school grounds. My head has become consumed of the idea of telling Arabella the truth.

'Hey Arabella, I need to tell you something.' I say and she looks up at me.

'Yeah?' She says. I thought I could tell her, but looking at her wide blue eyes I could tell she is still feeling vulnerable over today's situation and I didn't have the heart to tell her.

'Um never mind.' I smile and she furrows her eyebrows confused, I had noticed that was another one of her nervous habits, she always furrowed her eyebrows when she was confused.

'Okay?' She asks and I laugh it off with her. We stand there for a while, waiting for everyone else. Soon enough Parker, Jackson and Sam are walking towards us. I watch as Parker walks straight to Arabella and engulfs her in a hug. My eyes quickly divert to Sam, she looked stunning today. She had a way with fashion and she could suit anything.

'Hey babe.' I say cockily to Sam and she giggles, I had Sam in a few of my classes and I loved teasing her about little things.

'Hi Connor.' She says smiling and I snake an arm around her waist causing her to squeal, Parker and Arabella look over shocked and I smirk.

We all cram into Parker's car, Arabella is sitting in the front seat and I'm squished between Sam and Jackson, it's not too bad. We drive past the beach and it looks so serene, the water looks perfect.

'Hey we should go to the beach instead.' I suggest. There's a collective agreement throughout the car and I smile as Parker reverses and parks the car near the beach.

'We don't have our togs.' Sam and Arabella say and I smirk.

'Just go in your bra and panties.' I smirk and Sam slaps me across the chest lightly.

'Perv!' She squeals and I chuckle as we run down the sand.

Arabella's POV

I watch as everyone runs down the sand, Parker and I are sitting on a blanket he found in his car. I wish I had Sam's confidence, she didn't feel insecure in front of the guys in just her undergarments, she looked like she was having so much fun and here I was, moping on the sand.

'Do you wanna go swimming?' Parker asks me and motions to everyone else in the water.

'You can.' I say sadly and he takes his hand in mine.

'Hey hey, look at me.' Parker says and I sheepishly look up at him. The dim sunlight is bringing out Parker's brown eyes and I feel myself getting lost in them.

'If you don't want to swim, I'll stay here with you.' Parker says and my heart flutters.

'No it's okay, I'll go.' I say a sudden confidence boost rushing over me. I watch as Parker takes his shirt off slowly and my jaw slacks, I've seen Parker shirtless many times but it never fails to astound me. I unbutton my blouse and pull down my skirt, I'm glad I wore matching undergarments.

Parker and I walk down the sand, earning a few wolf whistles from everyone making me laugh.

'Looking good A.' Jackson winks and I smile, Parker's grip tightens on my waist and I roll my eyes.

'I'm getting all wrinkly.' Sam says in disgust and I giggle and splash her with water.

'We should probably hop out, it's getting dark.' Jackson says, the sky is slowing going down and the sky is a beautiful purple colour. Everyone hops out of the warm water happily, we had such a good time.

'Everyone up for Maccas?' Parker asks and I grin excitedly, I'm so hungry and McDonalds sounds perfect right now.

'Hell yeah.' Connor fist bumps and Sam giggles leaning in to him. I will definitely need to talk to her about what is happening with them two. Soon enough we are all sitting down in the booths. We order a monstrosity of food and everyone looks at us like we're crazy.

I look around to the people sitting around me and I couldn't ask for better best friends.