Chapter 14

I felt groggy when I woke up, and not the 'I didn't take a shower last night and sleep it in my clothes' groggy. I was sick and my throat was killing me. It was Friday today and all my favourite subjects were today. I took a look at my alarm clock, it was already 10 so I guess I wasn't going to school today.

'Thomas!' I yell from my position in my bed. That probably wasn't the best thing I could do for my head but I didn't want to get up.

'What's up?' Thomas pokes his head around corner of my door and his face softens when he takes in my appearance.

'I'm sick, so if you get a call from the school you know why.' I say and he nods his head.

'Alright, well it's already 10 so you've slept in anyway.' He says and I groan.

'Hey, could you pretty please make me some pancakes?' I ask and he stares at me blankly.

'Fine, I'll bring up some Advil and water as well.' He says and I leap out of bed to try and hug him but he steps away.

'I don't wanna get sick, so I'll give you an air hug.' Thomas says and I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, he's so weird.

My phone rings and I hesitate to pick it up. Sam is probably gonna yell at me for ditching her.

'Hello?' Gosh, I sound even worse on the phone.

'Baby? Where are you? Are you sick?' Parker's voice is concerned and I smile at how cute he is.

'Hi, I'm sick so I'm taking the day off.' I say.

'Okay, do you want me to come over?' Parker asks and I try to find any hint of sarcasm but there is none.

'No! You'll get sick, honestly I'll be fine.' I try to convince him.

'Hmm, I don't know.' Parker says unconvinced.

'Honestly babe I'll be fine.' I say and I fly my hand to my mouth, I can't believe I just called him babe, that's so freakin' embarrassing!

'Did you just call me babe?' Parker asks and I can picture his stupid lopsided grin.

'Pfttt no..' I say and Parker laughs.

'Don't be embarrassed, I liked it.' Parker admits.

'Oh well that's good.' I say embarrassed.

'Hey I gotta go, second lesson is starting, I'll see you later baby.' Parker says, I say goodbye and hang up just as Thomas walks in with a plate of pancakes and syrup.

'You're the best person in the world right now.' I say as he hands me tray and I try not to drool.

'Before or after Parker?' He smirks and I look up to him shocked.

'W-What?! Parker's my friend.' I say.

'So you aren't dating?' He asks cocking an eyebrow.

'Fine! Whatever. Parker and I are dating.' I say beaming.

'He's the blonde one right?' Thomas asks and I nod my head, waiting for Thomas' lecture about how we wouldn't treat me right. Blah Blah Blah.

'Okay. Well I hope he's good to you. And if he's not.' Thomas cracks his knuckles and I genuinely smile.

'Thankyou Thomas.' I say and he smiles and leaves the room. I quickly devour the pancakes and take the Advil, soon enough I find myself asleep.

I slept for a while because the clock beside me says 1pm. I quickly walk downstairs and sit on the couch, turning on Netflix and snuggling under the blanket. I hear a crash from upstairs and I raise my eyebrows, Thomas isn't home so who was that? I grab the broom from the laundry and cautiously walk up the stairs, my blanket is wrapped around me and I feel ridiculous.

The crash was from my room and the intruder must be in there as well. I fling open the door, broom in hand and find Parker standing near the window clutching his head, holding a bag of some sort.

'Parker! I thought you were a murderer or something!' I shriek, Parker tries to hold in his laughter but he can't. Parker's happy laughter fills the room and I try not to smile.

'That.' He points to the blanket wrapped around my body. 'Is the greatest thing I've ever seen.' He says laughing and I roll my eyes.

'I'm sick you bastard! You could've came through the front door like a normal person would.' I say and he smirks.

'What's the fun in that?' He says.

'You shouldn't be here you know. You should be at school.' I say walking down the stairs, Parker following me.

'Nah, I'd rather look after my sick girlfriend.' He says and I'm glad he can't see my face because I'm blushing so hard. We settle down on the couch and debate on what movie we should watch.

'Oh this is for you.' Parker hands me the bag and I take it and peek into it curiously.

'Best boyfriend ever.' I say as I see the containers of Chinese food inside. Parker smiles and grabs my hands. We stay there for a while, watching movies and talking and eating Chinese food. The front door is opened and we ignore it, expecting it to be Thomas.

'Arabella, honey. What is going on?' I snap my head up to see my mother standing by the door with luggage and her hands on her hips.

'Mum! I didn't think you were coming today!' I squeal and leap up to hug her.

'Can I talk to you in the kitchen for a sec?' She asks and Parker looks uncomfortable, I mouth to him that I'll be right back and he smiles and pulls out his phone.

'Who is that?' My mum demands and I bite my lip.

'My boyfriend?' I say unsure of her reaction.

'You're kidding right. He's cute!' She says and I look at her with a surprised expression. I tell her the whole story about how they came into work and then they moved to our school. I tell her about our date and now that we are dating.

'Right, that's okay. Why are you home on a school day?' She squints her eyes.

'I'm sick mum. Feel my head.' I say and she places her cold palm on my burning forehead as she furrows her eyebrows.

'He shouldn't be here, he'll get sick.' She sighs.

'I told him not to, but he wanted to and he gave me Chinese food.' I say dreamily and she rolls her eyes. We walk out of the kitchen and Parker abruptly stands up and hold out his hand.

'Hi Mrs. Simms, I'm Arabella's boyfriend, Parker.' He says.

'I'm not that old!' My mum says and Parker smiles. I'm glad mum approves of him.

'Where's dad?' I ask curiously and mum rolls her eyes.

'Your silly father went to get a coffee and missed our flight. He'll be back later tonight.' She says and opens the fridge.

'What on earth have you been eating when I was away?!' Mum says as she opens the empty fridge.

'Pizza and microwave meals.' I say and she cocks her eyebrows.

'Well I'm making a home cooked meal tonight. Would you like to join us Parker?' She says and I widen my eyes.
Say no, Say no Parker!

'Sure, I'd love to.' Parker says and I groan, this is gonna be a long dinner.