Chapter 25

'What's everyone doing for the long weekend?' Jackson asks us.
It's Friday, the last day before the weekend and we're sitting in the cafeteria.

'Nothing.' Parker shrugs, his arm is draped along my shoulders.

'I'm just staying home.' Sam says picking at her nails, I roll my eyes.

'We should do something fun.' I suggest.

'Like what?' Jackson asks and I try to think of something fun we could all do together.

'I don't know?' I question.

'We could go to Jackson's beach house.' Connor says and my eyes widen. I didn't know Jackson had a beach house? They are super expensive and a long way away.

'I don't know man.' Jackson shrugs his shoulders.

'C'mon it'll be fun. All of us hanging out together.' Parker says and Jackson throws his arms in the air.

'Fine.' He rolls his eyes and I let out a squeal, this will be the best weekend ever.

'Cool, we'll pick you too up early tomorrow.' Jackson says to Sam and I. The bell rings for the last lessons and we head off in our separate directions.
The day goes by quickly and soon enough Thomas is picking me up.

'How was school?' Thomas asks me as I hop into the car, the floor is littered with rubbish.

'Great, how was your day?' I ask and he shrugs.

'It was alright.' He doesn't elaborate so I leave it at that.

'I'm going to Jackson's beach house for the weekend.' I say and Thomas looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

'Really? How are you gonna convince mum and dad to stay at someone's house four hours away with no supervision?' He laughs and I groan. I didn't think of that.

'I'll figure out something.' I say as we pull into our driveway. I rush into the house and look for mum, she's in the lounge room reading a novel.

'Hey mum.' I say and she looks up from her book and smiles.

'Hello Arabella, how was school?' She asks and I sit down on the couch next to her.

'It was good. What are we doing this weekend?' I ask and she smiles and puts her book down.

'Nothing. Why? Have you got something exciting planned?' She questions and I laugh.

'Kind of. You see Jackson, my good friend owns a beach house and we were all going to hang out there over the weekend.' I explain.

'Who's we?' She asks.

'Sam, Parker, Connor, Jackson and I.' I say and she lets out a sigh. I wait for her answer, I know she's going to say no.

'Okay. You can go. I trust you.' She says and I look at her surprised. I give her a hug out of excitement.

'Thankyou mum! I love you.' I say as I walk up the stairs to get my bag packed. I pull down my suitcase from the top of my cupboard and throw in a decent amount of shirts and shorts, I throw in two bikinis, sunscreen, my Polaroid, shoes and my purse.