Chapter 29

Parker was admitted out of the hospital three days later, with two broken arms and a broken leg. I haven't seen him since the day I was at the hospital but Havkson told me he went home with his parents.

Jackson drove us all home, the ride was silent. Connor kept his eyes on the window and Sam was preoccupied on her phone in the front seat. There was an uncomfortable tension in the car and the drive seemed to take forever. Jackson dropped me home first and I uttered a thank you as I grabbed my duffle bag and jogged across my front lawn.

Mum and Dad looked at me questioningly and I didn't make eye contact with them, I don't want them to know what happened. My thumb hovered over Parker's contact, I so badly wanted to call him but I couldn't do it. Instead I threw my phone angrily across the room.

I was so mad at myself and at Connor, it was partially his fault and partially mine. This weekend was supposed to be amazing for us, and it all went downhill.

Someone softly tapped on my door and I stood up to open it, when I did Mum was standing there with a tub of icecream.

'Are you okay?' She asked me and I shake my head no. My brain has been filled with an avalanche of emotions all weekend.

'No.' I cry softly as she rubs my back soothingly.

'Do you want to talk about it?' She asks.

'Parker and I broke up.' I say, I decide to skip out the most important parts of the story.

'I'm sorry Ara, you two will find a way back to each other. I'm sure of it.' She says handing me the tub of icecream.

'Try and get some sleep. Do you want to go to school tomorrow?' She asks and I nod. I do want to go to school, just for the small hope that I see Parker. I down the ice cream pretty quickly and it seems to have numbed my emotions.

I have cried all the tears left in my body, it's physically impossible for me to cry anymore. So with dry eyes I fall asleep.

I woke up with a jolt, the room was warm and I was sweating from the thick duvet on top of me. I had mixed feelings about going to school today, I was both excited and nervous at the same time.

Thomas was downstairs when I walked down to make breakfast. He was arguing to someone on the phone, it sounded like a girl. I didn't eavesdrop I just grabbed a frypan and cracked eggs into it.

'Hey sis.' Thomas said from behind me.

'Hi.' I say.

'I heard what happened.' He says and I nod my head.

'I'm sorry.' He says sincerely and I look down.

'It's okay.' I say, my voice is shaky. Thomas walks over to me and engulfs me in a hug. I can't remember the last time I hugged my older brother.

'I'll take you to school.' He says

'Thanks Tom.' I say and he smiles.

'Anytime.' He shrugs and walks off leaving me to my own devices. I quickly eat my breakfast and pull on my school uniform. I don't bother with makeup because I know if I see Parker I might cry again.

'I'm ready!' I yell out and Thomas walks down and nods. We don't talk in the car but it's a nice, comforting silence.

'Hey. You'll be okay.' Thomas says. He must have seen the worry on my face when we pulled up to the school grounds. I nod my head and grab my bag, while he drives off.

Parker's POV
I haven't left my room in two days, only to use the bathroom and to eat. I've been moping around about what to do.

The smell of bacon wafts up through the house and I sigh.
I grab my crutches off of the floor and hop down to the kitchen, grateful that we don't have stairs. Addison and Rose are eating breakfast and Mum makes a fuss when I hobble in.

'I was going to bring you something, you didn't have to come down.' My mum fusses as I sit down.

'I'm fine Ma. I'm a big kid.' I remark and Rose rolls her eyes. Mum places a plate of food down in front of me and I try to grab my fork, which seems pretty simple but if you have two broken arms it might as well be a mission to Mars.

I shrug and eat my food with my hands causing Rose to shudder, she's a germaphobe and never eats with her hands. One time she ate pizza with a fork, it was horrendous.

After I finish I hobble back to my room, I don't know what I will do all day, I decided not to go to school, it would take me so long to climb up all the flights of stairs and I didn't want too see Arabella or Connor.

Mum took the girls to school and Dad left so I was home alone, I was bored out of my brain. I wanted to call someone and ask if they wanted to come over but I didn't know who. So I just put on a movie and tried to get Arabella off my mind.

Arabella's POV

I was disappointed when the teacher called Parker's name out and no one responded, he wasn't here. Everyone looked at me as if I should know where he is, after all the whole student body knows we were dating. I avoided Connor the whole day, if I saw him walking down the hallway I'd quickly turn around the other way, it was exhausting. It had only been a day and I missed Parker already.

I couldn't focus in any of my classes, the teacher just stood up the front rambling, I couldn't make sense of her words.

'Miss Simms? The Answer?' The teacher placed her hands on my hips as I stated desperately at the board.

'Sorry miss I don't know.' I say quietly and the whole class laughs at me, Connor doesn't make any expression.

'Pay attention.' She says and I nod my head. I don't, I just stare out the window until the bell goes.

The day went by quickly and I walked home. I wanted to clear my head, I stopped by the grocery store on my way home. I needed more ice cream, as I was scanning the freezer section someone tapped me on the shoulder.

It was Rose, with her long curly blonde hair and her wild hazelnut eyes. Does she know what happened? Does she hate me?

'Hi.' She says.

'Hello.' I say awkwardly, I'm not in the mood to have small chat with Parker's sister.

'Are you okay?' Rose asks and I sigh, too many people have asked me this question.

'Yeah I'm fine.' I say, she can see right through my lie, I know she can.

'I know what happened between You and Parker.' She says and I look her in the eyes, did Parker say something about me?

'Oh.' I say softly.

'He loves you so much, he didn't come out of his room until this morning.' She explains and my heart aches.

'Will you tell him I love him and that I'm sorry?' I ask and Rose shakes her head.

'No, that will make things worse Arabella. You two need space.' She says and I nod my head, she is right. I need to learn to live without him for a little while. We chat for a little longer and she hugs me before she leaves. I put the icecream down and walk out of the store with a new mindset.

I love Parker but I need to give him space. As soon as I got home I dived right into my assignments, I made a start on heaps of homework and Parker didn't cross my mind at all.