Chapter 13

I've been at work for three hours already and despite how busy the restaurant is and how many annoying customers have complained about something, Parker is still on my mind.

'So why are you so happy?' James asks cocking an eyebrow.

'Uh I'm always happy!' I squeal and fling my arms out. James just squints his eyes and folds his arms. He knows me too well and he knows that I'm lying.

'Okay well you know those three boys that came in last week?' I say nervously as James nods.

'Well I kind of kissed the blonde one and I really like him.' I mumble and James gasps.

'Oh my god! Get in!' James says a little too loudly causing an elderly couple to glare at us.

'I know, I wonder if he feels the same way about me.' I ponder aloud and James rolls his eyes.

'You're kidding right.' He says deadpanned and I laugh.

'He'd be crazy not too like you. You're hot.' James shrugs and I roll my eyes.
For another hour I rush around taking orders and checking that people are satisfied.

'Lover boy at 1 o clock.' James smirks and I turn around to see Parker causally strolling in with a bunch of pink roses and his beautiful smile plastered on his face.

'Do I look okay?!' I whisper frantically.

'Nah you look gross. Parker's probably gonna walk out of here once he sees you.' He teases and walks off as I glare at him. I watch as James and Parker do that little head nod thing that guys do.

'Hi Arabella.' Parker says smoothly and I try not too swoon, I'm glad I'm behind the counter so he can't see my legs shaking.

'Hi Parkertown.' I giggle and he groans annoyed.

'Cute flowers. Who are they for?' I ask.

'Oh you know, some cute girl that works at a burger place.' He says handing me the bouquet and I walk around the counter and give him a huge hug.

'I didn't know you were this romantic!' I squeal and he smirks.

'Oh well you're gonna love our date tonight.' He says nonchalantly.

'What? I can't do tonight, I'm working.' I say sadly.

'Nope, already talked to your boss. You're mine for the night.' He says and I smile widely. Can this boy get any more perfect? I quickly hang up my apron and say goodbye to James as Parker leads me out of the restaurant.

'I can't believe you talked to my boss! What'd he say?' I ask as I hop into the passenger seat of his Jeep.

'He was really chill actually. James and Riley were in on it, Riley is taking over your shift.' He says as he placed his hand on my thigh, making me let out a gasp.

'Oh sorry I didn't realise, that's probably making you uncomfortable.' Parker says flustered.

'No it's okay, your hand was cold.' I say stupidly and he laughs, as he places it back on my thigh. Play it cool, I say to myself.

'You should have told me, I'm wearing my uniform.' I say and Parker shrugs.

'Oh well, it's cute.' He says and I roll my eyes.

'You really need to stop complimenting me.' I say and he furrows his eyebrows.

'What's wrong with me complimenting you?' He asks.