Chapter 9

'Parker.' I sigh as he walks over to me and engulfs me in a bear hug.

'Arabella.' He says and kisses my forehead and smiles.

'Where have you been?' I ask, confusion etched on my face.

'I had to take care of some things, I'm okay. We're okay.' He says.

'I missed you so much.' I say into his shoulder.

'Me too, let's go out for lunch. Just me and my girl.' He smiles and places a soft kiss on my lips, the kiss deepens with intensity and the blood in my veins are filled with adrenaline.

I wake up in a cold sweat, disappointment taking over my body when I realise I'm alone, and not at all with Parker. I try to savour the dream but it is gone too quickly. I contemplate the vivid dream and I am left confused, I don't like Parker do I?

Snapping out of my deep trance I kick off the covers and head downstairs. It's only 5:30am so Thomas won't be up for another 2 hours, I head back upstairs and change into my running gear, grabbing my iPod and earphones I lock the door behind me. Running always clears my head and I try to go for a walk each morning, to prepare myself for the day. I turn to cross a corner when I smack into someone.

'Oh my god! I'm so sorry, are you okay?!' I say frantically helping the girl up onto her feet again.

'Hey, no biggie. I'm good.' She laughs and I smile relieved.

'Hey you look really familiar, have I seen you before somewhere?' I ask her and she looks at me confused.

'I don't think so. You've probably met my cousin before, he's always trying to talk to girls.' She says rolling her eyes.

'Maybe, what's his name?' I ask her politely.

'Connor. And he's an asshole.' She says and my smile drops. How can someone that nice be related to him?!

'By the looks of your face, you've probably met him.' She laughs and I nod my head yes.

'Right, well I'm sorry about knocking you over..' I say waiting for her to tell me her name.

'Jade.' She smiles.

'Okay well my names Arabella if you wanted to know.' I say smiling and she raises her eyebrows.

'Hey, just out of curiousity, where do you work?' She asks.

'The burger place in town.' I say.

'Oh my god.' She says and I look at her suspiciously.

'What?!' I laugh and she keeps giggling, I glance down at my phone to see that it's 7:30am.

'Crap! I've got to go, see you around?' I call out and run quickly back home. Had Connor said something about me? Yeah right. He'd probably talked about how annoying I was. I quickly head back home in time to get dressed and grab something little to eat.

'Thomas I'm going to school!' I yell out, no reply.

'Thomas?' I ask again but it seems like there is no one home. I look around the house until I find a note sitting on my bed.