Chapter 26

Parker's POV

'Oh my god Sam. Did you seriously write a grocery list? We only need a few things.' Jackson says and Sam places her hands on her hips.

'It's good to organise.' She explains as we walk down the aisles. We grab everything on Sam's list and other things that Jackson and I want, Sam huffs in annoyance. By the time we're finished we have so much food it's crazy.

Jackson, Sam and I pull into the driveway and we unload the bags. I admit we went a little crazy and bought so much food for three days. The cashier gave us odd looks but we didn't care.

'Finally we've got something to eat.' Sam says as she digs into a punnet of strawberries. Jackson is stuffing his face with chips and I laugh at their immaturity. Arabella and Connor aren't back yet, they must be still gathering wood for our campfire.

'I'm gonna go see if Connor and Arabella need some help.' I say and the pair nod. I breathe in the crisp salty air and I smile, I've always loved the beach. I used to take my sisters to the beach every Saturday, it was one of my fondest memories.

I walk through the dense forest carefully looking out for spider webs, when I notice two people up against a tree. Ew, can't you do that somewhere else? When I get closer I see the faint glimmer of golden hair. My heart plummets when I see Connor's silhouette.

It feels like my mind is playing tricks on me but it's not. My girlfriend and my best friend are making out right in front of me.

Numbness spreads over my body and my feet are glued to the ground, I can't move. Arabella makes eye contact with me and I divert my eyes and walk away. I can hear her feet slapping the ground running to catch up with me.

'Parker!' She tugs on my arm, I keep walking, I don't even look at her.

'Parker please let me explain!' She cries holding onto my arm, I shrug her off and ignore her. I do not want to talk to her at the moment, my mind is foggy and I need to get out of here as soon as I can.

'Get off me Arabella.' I say through my teeth and hop into Jackson's car. She has no right to be crying, does she not realise what she just did?

'Please Parker don't go.' She sobs as I start up the car.

'Did he kiss you? Or did you kiss him?' I ask, my knuckles are gripping the steering wheel so tightly they are turning white. Arabella doesn't answer me and I know the answer, she kissed him.

'I thought you were different Arabella.' I say emotionless.

'It was a mistake. I'm sorry! I love you Parker.' She says and I shake my head.

'I need space.' I say and she shakes her head.

'No please.' She cries

'Do you not realise what you just did?You kissed another guy. My best friend in fact. Right in front of me.' I yell and she looks down at the ground.

'I can't be with someone like that Arabella.' I say. I don't let her finish what she was going to say instead I speed down the road, anger blurring my vision.

I'm not even paying attention to the road, the image of Connor and Arabella kissing is etched in my memory and I can't stop seeing it.