Chapter 18

I glance down at the mountain of clothes on the ground and meet Sam's eyes. As soon as Parker texted me about a party I called Sam over to help me, she had the best fashion sense and could do makeup like a pro, I really envied her.

'I have nothing to wear.' I say as she scrolls through her Instagram feed. She looks up to me annoyed and stands off of my bed and starts looking through the pile.

'I don't want to wear a dress.' I say and she rolls her eyes. It was kind of a compulsory thing to wear a dress to a high school party, but I wasn't really into wearing dresses all the time.

'Well that makes it harder, Arabella it's a party. You're obliged to wear a dress.' She huffs and I roll my eyes at how dramatic she is.

'Can't I wear my pyjamas?' I ask grinning as Sam nearly has a melt down, she would never be seen in public with any item of clothing she hadn't put effort into.

'I'm kidding.' I say but I wasn't, I really just wanted to wear my pyjamas and hang out with Parker minus the other teenagers and loud music.

Eventually she found my black skinny jeans and a white T shirt with my black high boots, she hands them to me and ushers me to go change. Once I walk back into my room Sam let's out a wolf whistle and I laugh.

'Parker's gonna be all over you.' She laughs and I blush, I can't wait to see him. Sam sits me down and works her magic on my face, she fills in my brows slightly and smoothes foundation over my fair skin, she applies mascara to my eyelashes for more volume.

'Ta-Da!' She says when she's finished and I let out a squeal, I looked so good! I hugged Sam and she reciprocated.

'Now all we have to do is wait for Parker to pick us up.' She says and I grin, this was really gonna be the best night ever. Moments later there's a knock at the door, I rush downstairs to open it and Parker places a chaste kiss on my lips.

'Hi baby, hi Sam.' He says and I smile as we walk out to his Jeep. Jackson is sitting in the front on his phone and I giggle.

'Hey guys.' He says as Sam and I hop in the back seat. Jackson is texting someone on his phone.

'You're such a gentlemen Jackson, coming to the door.' I remark sarcastically and Parker laughs.

'I was too lazy to get out.' He says and I roll my eyes.

'Who's party is it anyways?' Sam asks Parker, Jackson and I shrug.

'Kyle I think? Someone from the soccer team.' He says unsure. The drive isn't too long and the four of us belt out to the corny pop songs on the radio, by the time we arrive at the house, whomever it is, the sight makes my eyes widen.

It's such a cliche, loud music, lots of red solo cups scattered the lawn and there is a lot of people here, most of the grade is here. Walking through the mass of people is difficult but we eventually make our way to the lounge room.

'I didn't get to say it already but you look hot.' Parker winks at me and I blush as he wraps his arm around my waist and leads me towards the kitchen.

'You do too.' I say sweetly, standing on my tip-toes to kiss his cheek. I start to pour myself some punch from the brightly coloured bowl when Parker stops me.

'It might be spiked babe.' He says cautiously and walks to the fridge and gets out a can of lemonade for me, I take it from him and thank him. He's always trying to look after me and I'm so thankful for that.