Chapter 22

Parker's POV

I couldn't sleep that night, I just scrolled through photos on my phone of Arabella and I, reminiscing all of our memories. She was completely blocking me out and I hated it. I stared at my phone defeated, I have left too many voicemails to count and Arabella hasn't texted me or called me at all. I just need to explain to her what happened.

She wasn't in the restaurant when I went to pick her up and one of her co-workers said she ran out crying, my heart ached when I heard that. I drove around for two hours around the town trying to find her. It felt like I was stuck in a nightmare, I don't want to lose her, the only person who can make me so happy.

I was hoping to see her today at school and explain to her what happened, explain how Amanda set me up and tricked me. Part of me was angry that she didn't trust me and wouldn't let me explain my side of the story, but I was mostly sad. I felt empty as I drove to school, I usually looked forward to school because I got to see Arabella everyday, but now I'm dreading it.

I called again but it went straight to voicemail, by now I was just calling to her her voice, pretty pathetic right?

I walked through the busy corridors with a cold glare on my face. I was determined to find her, my eyes lit up when I saw Sam standing by her locker, but Arabella wasn't anywhere to be seen.

'Sam, I need your help.' I said and she looked at me disgusted.

'You're an asshole.' She spits and I furrow my eyebrows, she starts to walk away but I block her path.

'It wasn't my fault!' I say desperately and she laughs.

'I really thought you were good for her.' She says and my face falters. Why won't anyone hear me out?

'Sam please. You need to trust me, it was a set up.' I say as my voice cracks and she looks at me blankly.

'I need to explain to her what happened.' I say and her eyes soften.

'Tell me what happened.' She crosses her arms, I tell her the whole story and she lets out a shaky breath.

'Oh god, she's at the library. She wanted to avoid you.' She says and I give her a hug and rush off to the library building. I search the library for her and I find her immediately, she sticks out like an angel. Her blonde hair is cascaded down her back, and she is using her hand to prop herself up, I smile when I see she is doing an assignment that isn't due for another four weeks.

'Arabella baby.' I say as I walk over to her, she snaps her head up. Her eyes are watery and dark bags line her eyes she looks like beautifully broken and I so desperately want to fix her.

'I don't want to talk to you.' She says in a soft voice and looks away, tears welling in her eyes.

'Please, I need to tell you what happened.' I say and she rolls her eyes.

'What that I wasn't good enough for you? You needed someone else?' She spits and a sudden anger rises over me.

'Would you let me explain my side of the story?! How could you say that Arabella. You have my heart, you only. I love you so much, you need to hear me out!' I yell and she shakes her head, does she not see how this is affecting me? She abruptly grabs her books and walks away.

'Please.' I say but she doesn't reply, she just walks out of the library. My anger is through the roof by this point. All through first period I remain silent, my fists bunched up at my sides. Amanda walks in and shoots me a flirty smile, I look away, not even wanting to acknowledge her presence. She sits down next to me deliberately, just to piss me off.