Chapter 17

Connor's POV

I pried my eyes open slowly, my eyelids were heavy and my arm was sore from lying in an uncomfortable position on the couch. Light was streaming through the blinds and I scanned the room looking for a clock. It was 6:30am, Arabella said to be out by 8. Last nights events came flooding back to me, I can't believe I poured my heart out to her yesterday, it was pathetic. I stand up abruptly, I don't bother to fold the blanket. I walk slowly up the stairs and look for Arabella's room. Her room is simply decorated and she is lying in the middle of the bed, her blonde hair sprawled across the pillow like an angel's halo.

I glance around her room and look at her Polaroids, little portraits of her family, Sam and other cute things she takes photos of. Her phone notifications ricochets through her room and I pull it off the charger and look at the text. The text is from Parker.

Good morning baby, have a great day. Love your boyfie ;) x

I slam the phone down on the table and Arabella stirs, and then falls back asleep. My eye catches the wallet sitting on her desk and I pick it up, inside is various shopping cards and a $100 dollar note. I slip it out of her purse and into my pocket, placing the wallet back on the desk I walk downstairs, not even feeling guilty as I walk out the front door, locking it behind me.

Arabella's POV

The smell of chocolate pancakes makes it's way too my room and I smile. Mum makes pancakes every Sunday morning and it's the best thing ever. Oh my god, I totally forgot about Connor! If he's still here I'm dead. I quickly throw my covers off me and leap down the stairs. Relieved I find that Connor is gone, the couch smells like alcohol and he didn't even bother to fix the blanket up, I sigh as I do the job.

When I walk into the kitchen Dad is sitting at the table talking to Mum about something in the newspaper. A stack of warm pancakes is placed before me and I drool.

'Thanks mum!' I chirp and she smiles as she goes back to the pan to make more, Thomas then stumbles through the room. He heads straight for the coffee machine and I laugh. Thomas always has to drink a coffee in the morning. We sit down and talk about various things while we eat.

'What's everyone doing today?' Mum asks cheerfully.

'Dunno.' Thomas says dumbly and I roll my eyes. Thomas has always been so lazy, he gets it from my Dad. Knowing Thomas, he'll probably just stay home and watch TV all day.

'I'm going shopping to get some new clothes.' I say. I took out $100 from my bank account and I was itching to head down to the mall and buy some new clothes. After everyone finishes I help clear the table and wash the dishes with mum.

10 minutes later I find myself looking for an outfit, I manage to pick out some dark skinny jeans and a white T shirt, simple and cute. I apply mascara, and blend foundation onto my skin, I look into the mirror satisfied with my appearance. My phone rings and I walk over to answer it.

'Hi?' I say into the speaker.

'It's Connor.' A husky voice sounds through the phone and I smile.

'Hey how are you?' I ask cheerfully, I pick at my nails, it's one of my worst habits.

'I'm fine, look I just wanted to say that I was drunk off my ass last night and I told you about my life and I said some stupid stuff.' He says and I frown, what is he talking about?