Chapter 15

I'm currently pacing my room stressing. I can't believe Mum invited Parker over for dinner, he'll be coming over in two hours and then we'll have to deal with another few excruciating hours with my parents and Thomas.

I walk down the stairs to find Dad placing something in the oven and Mum chopping vegetables.

'Hi sweetheart.' My dad says.

'Hey dad, I can't believe you missed your flight.' I giggle and he groans.

'Yeah well coffee was my top priority.' He says and Mum rolls his eyes.

'So, I hear we have a guest accompanying us.' Dad says.

'Yeah his name is Parker.' I say nonchalantly and Dad raises his eyebrows and goes back to preparing dinner.

I walk back to my room and get started on my Maths homework to kill sometime. About an hour later a text buzzes through my phone.

From Parkertown: What should I wear??? Help x

To Parkertown: Wear something you like you did when I had dinner at yours

From Parkertown: Too easy. Hey guess what? ;)

To Parkertown: What?!

From Parkertown: Your contact name in my phone is 'Girlfriend'

To Parkertown: Aw you're cute, guess what yours is?

From Parkertown: Boyfriend

To Parkertown: Nope, guess again

From Parkertown: Parker is a babe?

To Parkertown: No, do you give up? x

From Parkertown: Yep, tell me babe

To Parkertown: Parkertown!!! x

From Parkertown: I'm never speaking to you again

To Parkertown: :(

From Parkertown: Kidding baby. I'll see you soon x

To Parkertown: Okay! See you soon x

I smile as I shut off my phone and look through my wardrobe for something nice to wear, I pick out black skinny jeans and a pastel purple sweater. I quickly slip them on and head back downstairs.

'Honey?' Mum calls.

'Yeah?' I reply back.

'Could you please set the table?' She asks and I walk over to the cutlet draw and grab five of each utensil and place it on the table. Once that is all finished I grab an aspirin and rinse it down with some water, my headache is slowing subsiding and I'm thankful for that.

There's a knock at the door and I race over to open it, Parker looks so handsome and for a second I'm speechless.

'Hi my gorgeous girl.' He says as he walks in, a flutter of butterflies growing in my stomach.

'Hi.' I say as he engulfs me in a hug. He smells like the woods and its intoxicating, we stay there for a few moments in serenity. He pulls away first.

'What no kiss?' I joke and he smirks and leans over to my ear.

'Later, I don't think your parents would like the idea of a boy making out with their daughter in the same house.' He whispers seductively and I try not too melt into his words. The affect this boy has on me is crazy.

Eventually we make our way to the dining area and we sit down, Mum rushes around like a madwoman serving out the food, Dad is along side her helping with the drinks. Once everyone is settled down a low murmur of conversation builds up.

'So Parker right?' My dad asks.

'Yes sir.' Parker replies politely.

'How long have you known my daughter?' He asks and Parker smiles.

'Not too long, I only moved here about two weeks ago.' Parker says.

'Where from?' Mum perks up. She loves travelling and hearing about other peoples adventurous life's.

'From America actually.' He smiles as he reaches out for the glass of water in front of him.

The dinner goes better than I expected. My parents seem to really like Parker and I'm happy they do.

'Can we help with the dishes?' I ask mum, she just shakes her head and ushers us off. Parker and I walk up to my room. Parker and I sit on my bed and he eyes the black Polaroid sitting on my shelf. He winks at me and I nod as I grab it. We take many cute couple photos of us. My favourite one is where I'm smiling into the camera and Parker's eyes are on me.

'You're so beautiful Arabella.' Parker sighs as he moves closer to me. He pushes me down onto the bed softly and kisses me. Parker's kisses are sweet and passionate, the kiss gets more intimate and I smile into Parker's lips.

'Hey guys, mum wanted to tell you desert- Oh my god.' Thomas says as he takes in the sight in front of him. Immediately Parker leaps off me and I touch my lips sheepishly. Thomas rolls his eyes and walks down the corridor.

'That was so embarrassing!' I squeal and he laughs.

'I know right, he's not going to tell your parents right?' Parker says worried and I shake my head in reassurance. Thomas wouldn't dib on my like that.
Parker and I walk back downstairs as I try to fix my messy hair, my lips are a dead set giveaway, they are red and puffy. We eat desert and chat some more about school and what Parker's parents do and what not.

'Hey, I have to leave soon. I told mum I'd be back by 11.' Parker says softly. We are lying down on the trampoline admiring the stars, it's a beautiful thing.

'Okay.' I say leaning over to kiss him, he grabs my waist and deepens the kiss. We pull apart for air and walk off the trampoline hand in hand.

'I had fun tonight.' Parker smirks and I slap him lightly.

'I'm glad, we'll have to do it another time.' I say cheekily.

'Next time, without your parents.' Parker winks and I smile. He gets into his Jeep and disappears down the road.
I walk back inside with a sense of excitement, energy flowing through my veins.

'He's a nice boy.' My dad says and I agree with him. I say goodnight to them and head back into my room, I can't believe I made out with Parker on my bed. My phone buzzes, I reach for it expecting it to be Parker but it's not, it's an unknown number.

Arabella, can you please pick me up? I'm in trouble. You're the only person I can go to right now. Please hurry, I'm at the park near the mall.

- Connor

I read the text over and over again, growing more anxious each time I do. Is he seriously hurt? I race downstairs and tell mum and dad I need to run a personal errand. They are sceptical but they let me go. I hop in my car as I text him.

I'll be right there. Stay where you are.

I reply and speed down the road.