Chapter 27

I stare at my phone in shock. Was this some hideous nightmare? I shake my head, It was reality and it was starting to sink in. I could lose Parker forever. I run as fast as my feet can take me, grateful this is such a small town and it only took twenty something minutes for me to get there.

I checked my appearance in one of the windows. My hair was all over the place and my eyes were puffy from crying, my blue eyes were cloudy. I looked like a mess.

'I need to see Parker Samuels.' I say as soon as I reach the receptionist. She looks about twenty three and her black hair is pinned back into a tight bun, she looks conservative and rational.

'I'm sorry miss. He cannot receive any visitors at the moment.' She says sadly and my breath catches in my throat. She doesn't understand, I need to see him. I need to hold his cheek in my hands and look into his chocolate brown eyes and tell him it's okay.

'Please let me see him. I'm his girlfriend.' Tears start welling in my eyes and she places her hand on on top of mine.

'I'll let you know as soon as I have new information regarding when you can see him.' She says and I slump my shoulders, it's no use. I don't have the energy to fight with her, she's just doing her job.

I trudge silently over to the waiting room chairs and check my phone. I have 8 missed calls from Sam, 4 from Connor and 6 from Jackson.

I pick at my nails when I call back Sam, I will have to tell her the whole story and I know she'll be disappointed at me and upset.

'Bella! Where are you? Are you okay?' She yells into the speaker and the lump in my throat grows.

'No I'm not okay.' I sob.

'What happened?' She demands and I bite my lip, I'm already causing a scene so I walk over to the ladies bathroom.

'I kissed Connor and Parker saw, we had a huge fight.' I say and Sam let's out a sharp breath.

'What the hell Arabella? Why would you do that?' She says, her voice is laced with anger.

'I don't know.' I say, my words are empty.

'Where are you now?!' She says.

'I'm at the hospital. Parker was in a car crash, he's in critical condition.' I say, salty tears rushing down my cheeks. Sam let's out a choked sob and mutters something along the lines of 'We'll be there in 10 minutes' and hangs up.

I walk back out to the reception and sit down on the hard blue chairs, I have always hated hospitals. The atmosphere is overwhelming and it feels sad. I look over to the receptionist hopeful that she will let me see him but she just shakes her head sadly.

When I look up I see Jackson, Connor and Sam walking in. They all look like they've been crying and it breaks my heart. None of them meet my gaze and I know Sam has told them what happened. They sit down next to me silently, no one says a word.

It's an uncomfortable silence and I bite my lip to restrain myself from crying any louder. I look over to my left and tears are falling down Jackson's tan cheeks.

Night falls and I find myself drifting out of and into sleep.

'Bella.' Someone taps me lightly.