Disappointing Revelations.

                           "Did you honestly believe that you had me fooled?" Director Fury asked, rhetorically. I narrowed my eyes at him questioningly. He motioned for me to take a seat, but I refused and remained by Thor's side. "If it weren't for me, you would've never been able to help Loki escape."

                        "I am completely confused here, care to elaborate?" I demanded, agitated. Why can't he just get straight to the point? He's always been the one to add suspense to any situation with pointless words, that's why. I glimpsed at Thor to see that his expression mirrored mine; confused.

                          "I knew what you were up to since the day I caught you sneaking in to see him. You see, I had a little birdy tell me everything, a secret agent."

                      My jaw dropped. Oh my...no, freaking way. I gave Fury a look of disbelief, but his was completely serious. I just couldn't believe it. "Jared? A secret agent?"

                            "A marvelous actor as well." Fury added impressed.

                          "Jared? Jared Reed?" I incredulously said. "I can't believe it."

                     "When we first hired you, like with any other new employee, I got one of our secret agents to connect with you and make sure you were not a secret spy or anything like that. Jared is the secret agent who was assigned to you.-"

                        "But he could barely even talk to me without stuttering at first!" I interrupted.

                   "He, himself, came up with that act. The real Jared isn't anything like the Jared you know. Anyways, I authorized him to let you take Loki. I thought that maybe you could make Loki confess of his reason for being here or, even something more miraculous, change him. Also, I was curious to know why you, the niece of Dr. Banner, would ever take interest in Loki. Jared kept me updated with everything up until the day he was possessed." Director Fury explained.

                       I averted my gaze from Fury, upset and disappointed. This is unbelievable. I just can't...I took a deep breath and glanced back at Fury. I didn't say anything. What was there to say when you felt betrayed?

                  "That is sick; to pay people to do such things." Thor muttered, glancing worriedly at me.

               "I do it to ensure that S.H.I.E.L.D is safe from spies, safe from any evil. Speaking of evil, where is Loki?" Director Fury asked, glancing between both Thor and I. Thor averted his gaze from us and glanced down.

                 "He left." I mumbled, the words snapping me back into reality and bringing me emptiness.

                 "What do you mean he left? Where is he?" Fury demanded his eye widening.

               "I don't know. Why don't you get another one of your secret agents to find him?" I spat at him, raising my voice. I stormed out of the room, not caring for a reply. Right now, I just wanted to get away from Fury, from S.H.I.E.L.D. I yanked my I.D , disgusted with it. Jared's came flying out at me along with mine, and I threw his on the floor.

              His friendship was an act, a lie. Did he ever once care about me as I did with him? I let out an exasperated sound. "You can get your revenge later," a foreign voice whispered in my head. I froze, alarmed by the voice. Shaking it off, I ran to the lab wanting to get out of this damned place as soon as possible.