Oh, the Joy of Asgard (1)

                                    "I'm sorry. I didn't know." I said, glancing between both Odin and Loki and trying to ease the tension, but compared to them, I felt so small. Maybe, because I am. I'm a human and from Earth as opposed to the aesirs who are in their home land.

                              Odin's expression softened towards me and he raised a hand. "You have no fault in this." He told me in a dismissal manner, his best attempt at telling me to be quiet in a subtle manner. His attention flickered over to Loki. "You're taking her back."

                                        "No."

                                       "Loki-"

                                     "What is going on?" A woman came into view, her hands picking up at her skirt as she rushed up to Odin's side. Once she got there, she patted the skirt of her ivory dress down and looked up, her chocolate brown eyes widening at us. Picking up her skirt again, she ran down the steps and Loki met her halfway.

                                "Loki," she breathed, pulling him into a tight embrace. "It's a relief to see you well."

                               I couldn't help but smile at them. It was a heartwarming sight. She must be Frigga, Loki's mother. Out of all the stories Loki has told me, the way he spoke about her always stood out to me. He never said anything bad about her as he did with Odin and sometimes with Thor. Odin called out her name, but she ignored him as she pulled away from Loki and snuck a glimpse at me before nodding at Loki. He smiled in response and I curiously watched the two as they seemed to be having a conversation together that only they could understand.

                             To my surprise, Frigga turned to me with a loving smile and motioned with her hand for me to approach them. I did, feeling a bit awkward but shrugged the feeling off. She pulled me into a hug, catching me off guard. It took me a moment to respond and hug her back.

                                 "You must be Eryn, the one who changed my son for the better. Thank you." She told me as she pulled away. "You're just as lovely as Loki described you."

                                     "Mother." Loki said, interrupting her from going any further.

                                   "Frigga, did you know about this?" Odin asked, finally deciding to speak. Frigga turned to him.

                                 "No, I didn't, but that doesn't mean we have to be rude about it. She is Loki's guest and he brought her here for a reason. We should hear him out and be showing her our hospitality, not planning on sending her back so soon." Frigga remarked, reasoning with her husband. As those words were said, I realized why Loki and Frigga's relationship was the least strained one. She always puts her family first as opposed to Odin, who as any king should, put his kingdom first.