Babysitting with Loki.

Dedicated to AlexSheri. I'm sooo sorry for making you wait so long!

 Babysitting with Loki.

     The scissors slipped from my grip. I closed the space between us and wrapped my arms around him tightly, breathing him in as I kissed his cheek. "It's you."

       His arms returned the favor and I felt whole again. "You know, this isn't the first time you almost stabbed me with scissors."

        I laughed, remembering the time I had ran with scissors and almost killed Loki out of a huge misunderstanding. Pulling away, I grabbed his hand and led him to sit down with me on my bed, feeling like my head was spinning. I felt like I couldn't breathe. He was actually here. Words couldn't describe how happy and relieved I was at the moment. 

          I didn't even know where to begin. I took a deep breath as I pondered. "I thought you were dead."

           "Well, that explains why you looked as if you've just seen a ghost." He whispered, wiping away at my tears. 

         "What happened? The necklace it-it started acting up just like it did the last time. I didn't know what to think of it, so I thought of the worse." I stuttered.

         My eyes raked over him. He didn't look sick at all. He looked healthy and the same way he did in my dream, his eyes emitting his signature glow. I wondered if the necklace was back to normal and if this was all just a big understanding.  If it was, then I feel really stupid now...

       I looked at him, watching him for a moment. I took his silence as an answer. "Please don't tell me you did something stupid..."

         "It doesn't matter now.." He said hastily, averting his gaze from me for a moment. "I've finally healed and my strength has returned."

           "I'm just really glad you're not dead." I told him sincerely, deciding to let the subject go. All that mattered to me at the moment was right now. I grabbed his hand in my own. "Now, how about I fix us up a cup of coffee?"

**

           I told Loki everything that's happened to me since I left Asgard; from how Bruce and I will be meeting up with Brian soon, my job at Stark, and to Sarah trying to set me up on dates. Like expected, he wasn't too pleased about that. In return, he told me how he'd been under a strict bed rest, slowly healing. It wasn't until the past few days that he had planned his escape. 

              I sighed as I stirred my cup of coffee, biting my lip.

              "Just say it." Loki said, sensing my change of mood.

           "What's going to happen to us?" I asked, beginning to dread the answer as I caught the look on Loki's face. "I mean, Odin's right. We come from different worlds. You're a prince from Asgard; you have certain tasks and privileges there. As opposed to here- a world that has nothing to offer you."