The Great Escape.

Agh, so I'm back in school now DX which means its back to updating every weekend or whenever I can. Sorry, it took long to update. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

A BIG THANKS TO DAISY (thekingd0m) for making me a lovely cover! it's to the side >>

This has been edited as of July 7, 2014.

**

            The next morning, Bruce had invited me to breakfast at his place along with the others. I had no clue whether Fury had told him or not, but was about to go find out. My stomach twisted and turned as I drove to his place. The guilt of me hiding secrets from my own uncle began to settle in. My head told me to confess, but my heart knew that he wouldn't understand.

           I was still going to help Loki escape. I was just going to have to take more precautions now. It was stupid of me to not think of the surveillance camera. I just hope they didn't hear our conversation. Parking in front of his house, I noticed that the others had already arrived.

           I didn't bother to knock before I entered. Instead, I just walked in since Bruce always left his house unlocked. Every time I'd question him for it, he'd just say that there was nothing worth stealing in his house. "I'm here!"

          "Oh, look! Eryn is finally here." Tony commented as all the others sat down in unison. I stopped at the only empty chair and just stood there, knowing what was to come. It was rare for all of them to be gathered together like this. Usually, Natasha and Clint are off on their missions, Steve is training, and Tony is working non-stop on his new inventions meanwhile Bruce and I act like the typical family (which we aren't, might I add). This can only mean one thing: they all knew. Oh, great

             "So...did any of you guys watch that baseball game last night?" I said.

           "There was a game?" Steve asked, puzzled. Tony gave him a slap to the head. There was no game last night whatsoever. Not that I knew of anyways. Bruce raised his eyebrow at me, expectantly. I sighed.

             "Okay, okay. I did sneak away to go see Loki, so what? I just wanted to meet him."

           "You broke my rules!" Bruce exclaimed. My eyes widened at his reaction. Never have I seen him this upset with me, nor has his voice been this loud towards me. This is the closest to angry he's ever been with me, and I was glad that the others were here or else he'd be angrier. Maybe, that's the reason why they're here. I froze, trying to figure out how exactly to explain the predicament I've found myself in. And sadly, this is all I came up with:

            "I-I'm sorry, okay? I couldn't help it. It's like telling a child not to take a cookie from the cookie jar."

               Tony snorted at my brilliant response. In my defense, I was at a loss of words. Here I was, being cornered by the Avengers (excluding Thor)! 

             "As much as I should be, I can't be mad at you Eryn. I never could. But I am disappointed that you did it behind my back, and that I had to find out by Fury himself. What happened to no secrets?"