There is Always Hope.

A/N: So this chapter is a bit mixed. What I mean by that is that I added a new scene & mixed it in with scenes from JOR.

There is Always Hope.

        I held onto my necklace thoughtfully and froze when it began to lose its warmth. Without thinking twice, I ran out of his room and toward the infirmary as quickly as I could, my heart beat speeding up. When I rushed in, no one but Loki was there. His eyes were closed, but he shuddered violently in fear. 

      I leaned down next to him, and shook him with one hand, using my other to press it against his forehead. I frowned. He was burning up. His eyes opened abruptly, slowly making their way towards me and he had an intake of breath like a fish out of water. "You're here," he breathed in relief.

        "I'm here." I repeated, gripping his hand tightly in mine. "I'm sorry if my absence scared you. I went to go freshen up. I didn't think you'd be in trouble. What happened? Are you alright?"

        "It was just a nightmare."

       "Just a nightmare?" I asked, raising a brow. I knew him too well. A simple nightmare would never get him so worked up. One of those creepy, realistic nightmares that Thanos gave us would however do this to him.

         "No."

     Anguish built up inside of me. I thought this was all over. I looked at Loki, trying to read his expression but failed. It hurt me to see him like this. "Is he still messing with you? I thought-"

         "No. It's not him. It's me." Loki interrupted, his voice strained and face contorted. I sighed, hating to see him like this. There was nothing I could do about it. All I could do was watch and offer the best comfort I could. I pushed his hair out of his way and reached for a cool, wet cloth to place over his forehead.

          "What do you mean?" I asked confused, furrowing my eyebrows. Was he haunting himself in his dreams?

         "I-I thought I had lost you." Loki choked out, squirming and twisting in the bed. I placed my hands on either side of the bed, steadying him and telling him not to move. The nurse warned me that too much movement could open his wound.

     "If that's what you're worried about, then don't. I'm here." I murmured as I caressed his cheek; my best attempt at being soothing. My eyes trailed down and widened when I saw that there was a dark red stain on the white blanket. Pulling it off of him, I realized that his wound had opened due to the spasm he just had.

      "I'll go get the nurse." I added, ready to leave, but Loki managed to grasp my arm, holding me back. "You have to get your wound stitched up again, Loki."

         "You do it for me."

      “Are you out of your mind?” I stared at him, wide eyed with disbelief. He can't be...He was serious. "Loki, I am no exp-"