Chapter 20~ Death by potato

Sirius's POV

Bellatrix emerged from the shadows of the classroom, grinning sadistically. My heart plummeted to the pit of my stomach when I realised she had her wand raised at Abigail.

"What are you doing Bellatrix?" I spat, inching in front of Abigail, trying to remove her from my crazy cousins sights. She started laughing and I noted that her laugh was a little unhinged. I shivered when I felt Abigal's breath against the back of my neck, as she started hyperventialting a little, no doubt unnerved by Bellatrix.

"Well, well, well, Walburga will be very interested when she hears about your little girlfriend, Sirius," she sneered, flicking a strand of black hair behind her back. I clenched my fists when she mentioned my wretched mothers name.

"If you've forgotten, I do not give any flying fucks since I was disowned, remember?" I copied her sneer and smirked in an attempt to hide the fact that my heart was racing like James on his broomstick.

"You were disowned, seriously Sirius?" Abigail whispered from behind my back.

"It doesn't matter," I replied, shoving her towards the door a little. The movement caught Bellatrix's attention and she glanced meaningfully at her wand before locking her cold black eyes on me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you unless you want your little girlfriend to diasappear," she snarled. My blood ran cold when those words left her mouth and I pulled out my wand and directed it at my cousins face.

"What do you want," I hissed, trying to stop myself from thinking about creative ways to murder her with a potato. I could easily send her flying out the window and onto the cold hard ground below then summon a potato and drop it from  the top of a building and watch it smash her face in. Or I could summon a potato and plant it in her throat and watch her choke to death on the potato.

Death by potato. Lovely way to go. I was snapped back to the present when the classroom door slammed open and James strolled in.

"I HEARD YOU GUYS WERE MAKI-" 

He fell silent when he noticed Bellatrix in the room. "Ah, awkward," he mumbled looking completely unsure of what to do. "Well I'm sorry but I'm going to need to borrow Sirius and Abigail," he smiled sarcastically before pulling both of us out. 

Relief washed over me and I jumped on James before kissing him hard on the lips. He looked at me with a dazed expression before wiping his lips off in disgust.

"These lips are reserved for Lily only," he declared proudly, instantly blushing red when Lily walked past us before she stopped. 

I opened my mouth ready to come up with a comeback if she insulted my first man before snapping it shut immediately when she slapped Abigail in the face.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" I yelled, grabbing her hands and holding them behind her back, yelping in pain when something sharp dug into my palm. I stared at Lily in disbelief when I realised she had just sliced my hand open. She took the opportunity and pounced on Abigail, wrapping her hands around her throat tightly. 

James stood rooted to the spot in shock like me and we both watched as Lily directed her wand at Abigail. Only then, when she looked over her shoulder, did I realise that Lily was not Lily. Lily's eyes were not her own, they harboured barely hidden hatred and darkness in them. 

"CRUCIO!" She laughed as Abigail started to shake and scream on the floor, her shrill shrieks echoing against the high ceiling, while she jerked uncontrollably in pain. Fuck Sirius, don't just stand there! I screamed in my mind when my body didn't respond. SNAP OUT OF IT. I managed to close my fingers around my wand and pull it out, ready to stop Lily before someone beat me to it.

"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" 

Lily suddenly froze before plummeting straight towards the ground only to be caught by James, his eyes brimming with emotion. Dimly I could hear people running towards the two, all shouting questions but my attention was focused on Abigail. 

She was lying on the floor, tears leaking out of her closed eyes, like a rag doll. I reached her and sank on my knees in front of her, calling her name frantically. Her eyes slowly opened and at that moment I glimpsed how truly broken she was before she launched herself into my eyes, sobbing uncontrollably. 

I rocked back and forth, holding her close before leaning my head on top of her, letting a tear leak out as my stomach clenched uncontrollably. God I was so fucking terrified of losing Abigail, I suddenly realised. 

"Don't ever leave me," I begged, not caring that students and teachers had gathered all around us, silently watching me hold my most prized treasure in my arms, praying to whatever high entity that I would never lose her. 

***********

I JUST FELT THE NEED TO UPDATE, IT'S SHORT BUT IT'S BETTER THEN NOTHING (AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I THINK) <3 OOOH WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS WRONG WITH LILY? :P ALL SHALL BE REVEALED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, I LOVE YOU ALL <3 VOMMENT <3 STAY COOL <3