Chapter 1~Siriously?

"Ok just make sure you send me a letter if anything goes wrong. Bye darling!" My mum sobbed as she gathered me into a choke hold.

"Mum..." I began awkwardly, preparing to launch into the talk I've been telling her for the past five years, but stopped when I saw a flash of curly black hair making it's way through the platform.

"Umm, I've got to go put my trunk away now," I said hurriedly as I wheeled the trolley through the Hogwarts Express, in search of an empty carriage.

"ABIGAIL MAE ELSTON!" 

I turned around just in time to see my best friend fly towards me, screaming happily as she hugged the life out of me. 

"Hey Lily," I managed to gasp out as she constricted my air pipe. Eventually she let me go, smiling like she had just won the lottery.

"Guess what happened over the summer!" she squealed excitedly as she jumped up and down.

Hmmmm. What could have possibly have gotten Lily Evans so excited?

Suddenly a light bulb flashed in my head. I felt happiness bubble up inside me as I realised the only thing that could have gotten her so excited was that the giant squid had sent her a letter! Finally! 

Just as I was about to say these miraculous words, a voice piped in from behind me.

"You finally decided to be my girlfriend."

James Potter appeared before us, his hair un-tidly arranged on his head. Oh no. If James Potter was here, that meant-

Sirius Black materialised in front of me, smirking as he leant against the carriage door. His curly mop of hair was falling into his eyes and he flipped it aside, revealing stunning grey eyes, that raked my body up and down.

"POTTER! YOU WISH YOU INTOLERABLE TOAD!" Lily shrieked, turning the same shade of red as her hair. She huffed and dragged me past them, into an empty compartment. I dumped my trunk in the carriage as I eyed Lily, who was venting her anger out on the seats.

"STUPID! ARROGANT! TOE-RAG!" 

"Whoa! Lils come down otherwise you might explode," i called out as I started to change in the compartment. My mum being a witch, with no sense of muggle fashion, had dressed me in very skanky clothes, as muggles would put it. I mean who lets their children walk around in a skirt- I mean belt, and a virtually non existent top?! 

My mum, that's who. 

Finally in decent clothes, I yanked my school robes on top and sat down next to Lily. I patted her head soothingly as she continued her rant about James Potter.

The rest of the ride passed by without any sign of James and Sirius. As we walked into the Great Hall, Vanessa and Jiamin joined us. "Hey, we couldn't find you guys. Where were you guys?" they asked at the same time. They were best friends and shared the dorm with me and Lily.

"Oh Lily here was hiding from dearest Potter," I snickered as I sat down with my fellow gryffindors. "Haha no it was just that Abby was hiding from dearest Black." Lily mimicked, as she sat down opposite me.

Speaking of the devil, Sirius plopped down next to me, turning his body so he was facing me.

"Hello Abigail." 

I gulped, this couldn't be good. Ever since first grade, Sirius Black had been out to get me. He'd hexed me a couple of times, played pranks on me, stolen my stuff and generally made my life a misery. If my study notes go missing, I know that Sirius would have stolen them. All I want is to pass my N.E.W.T, befriend the giant squid and avoid Sirius. 

Does he not understand that some people dislike him?

"What do you want Black?" I asked him wearily, scooting away from him, hoping he'd get the hint and leave me alone. Sadly, with his supposedly low IQ levels, he shuffled in closer then before. 

"I don't know, what do I want?" he asked, his expression turning cocky as he scooted right onto my lap. 

I let out a muffled groan as he planted his fat ass on my legs.  Unfortunately, right then the sorting began.

"Get off me, you git!" I hissed in his ear. 

"No can do, you actually make a great seat."

"GET OFF ME!" I might have said that pretty loud, because the whole of Hogwarts turned to look at me, as well as Professor Mcgonagall. She shot me a 'is there a problem Miss Elston' look, which I quickly shook my head to. 

I gritted my teeth and went through the whole sorting without uttering another word as Sirius squirmed and fiddled on my lap, obviously trying to annoy me. 

By the end of Dumbledore's speech, my legs were completely numb. The feast started and Sirius grabbed his plate and piled food on top. My stomach rumbled as the scent of food hit me. I was starving!

"Sirius please get off," I asked him. 

He just started inhaling his food like there was no tomorrow. Sighing, I leant backwards. Only then did I realise why I wasn't in Ravenclaw. 

I had somehow forgotten I was sitting on a bench with no back and in no time I had hit the hard floor. Just as I was about to say my prayers for coming out unharmed, Sirius fell on top of me.

All the air was driven out of me as Sirius's butt came down on my stomach and his shoulders slammed into my face. Ouch. A sharp pain kicked in on my chest and I winced.

And then Sirius's food flew onto him, covering his hair, face and body with peas, chicken, gravy, beef, pie and various foods. 

All chatter stopped as everyone's heads turned to stare at us. For the second time today.

Groaning, Sirius rolled off me, glaring at everyone, daring them to start laughing at him. They all looked miffed and continued their chatter, shooting glances at us now and then. He shook his head, food scattered all over me. Sirius then picked up the silver plate and admired his reflection, brushing remaining bits of food off himself, before turning back to me, disdain written all over his face.

“Elston, you better watch it. This year I was thinking of giving you a break but you’ve crossed the line now. Do you know what that means?”

I shook my head quickly, panic bubbling up inside me. If Sirius called me Mae rather then Abigail, that meant disaster but if he called me Elston, that means I’m sure to die this year.

“It means by the end of this school year, you’ll wish you never stepped foot in Hogwarts.”

Crap. 

-------just saying I only own Abigail Mae Elston, Vanessa and Jiamin. All the other characters were created by the wonderful J.K Rowling----------- And yes, i decided to change her name :p