Chapter 7~ Pumpkins

I KNOW I KNOW :O. I don't have an explanation for why I haven't updated for so long. Well I was having trouble, you see writing this so I took a long needed break and I'm back now! :D This chapter's short D: but it's 12:30 am on a Sunday morning and I have school on Monday so yeah. THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL VOTING, READING, COMMENTING AND ADDING, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT :3 Oh btw feel free to drop off ideas for the story :D NOW ONTO THE STORY! 

Abigail's POV

Feeling sad and alone, I sat at the table waiting patiently for someone to come and rescue me. Thankfully most people were still in bed sleeping because it was a Saturday morning. But the few people having breakfast were all avoiding me like the plague.

Or a chimaera. Occasional whispers of me would drift over towards me as fellow Gryffindors drilled holes into my head.

I swished my pumpkin juice around in the goblet, watching the orange liquid spin in circles. I was staring so intensely at the juice that I jumped right up when someone tapped me on the shoulder, sloshing the pumpkin juice onto the person who touched me.

The liquid flew through the air gracefully in an arc before exploding upon impact on the unfortunate standing in front of me.

Which happened to be Lily.

I was stunned for a moment as her green eyes widened and turned into a glare. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. For merlin's sake, say something Abigail! Just as I had created an apology mentally, Lily huffed and flicked her sodden hair away from her face.

"Well you've made it clear I'm not wanted here, I'm sorry for ever caring in the first place," and with that Lily walked away haughtily.

The hall was silent, all the students looking at me with disdain. I could feel my face flushing as my eyes started to water. For the love of blast ended skrewts, WHY AM I CRYING?! Damn Sirius ruining my whole fricking life. The pumpkin juice was an accident. 

I quickly stood up and ran after Lily. I could see her red hair plastered against her robes as she walked towards the stairs. Doubling my pace, I was close enough to touch her. So I did. But as I stretched my arm out, somehow my foot shot out in front of me.

Which resulted in both of us falling to the ground, Lily on top of me. I was thankful for that because if I had landed on top of her, Lily would have hexed the life out of me. 

We were both stunned for a few moments, before Lily rolled off me. Taking in a deep breath, I winced as pain shot through my head."Ouch," I managed to say. It was quiet again until Lily started laughing. Slowly pushing myself up into a sitting position, I stared at her in disbelief. 

Her face was slowly starting to turn the same shade as her hair as she continued to laugh her ass off while I stared. "Yo-you're fa-face," she managed to wheeze out before collapsing into another fit of laughter. 

Seeing Lily's face contort into a humorous expression, I soon found myself cackling along with her like a deranged witch. Soon our laughter faded into awkward tension between us. I took it as my cue to apologize. 

"The pumpkin juice thing was by accident, I swear on Merlin's beard. I miss talking to you Lily, I miss being best friends with you and I'm so sorry I snapped at you on Thursday ni-" Lily cut me off with a massive hug, effectively shutting me up.

"No, I'm sorry that I overreacted over the pumpkin juice thing and I shouldn't have been pushing you so much on Thursday. I mean you did get a knife planted in you," she gushed out. 

I could feel a smile growing across my face as I looked over at her, to see an equally massive grin on hers. 

"BESTIESSSSSS FOREVER!" 

We squealed at the same time before squashing together in yet another hug. At this point of time, I felt safe and warm, knowing I had my best friend once again. It was reassuring to have a fragment of my past life to hold onto. 

Once Lily had cleaned up, we headed back to the hall again to finish breakfast. As soon as I entered with Lily, the whole room burst into whispers. My stomach began to clench again uneasily at the pure hatred I could see burning in a few eyes. 

"Whoaa, Abby, why are they giving you that look?"

Lily breathed from beside me, enveloping my hand with hers, lending me the strength I was lacking. I closed my eyes for a moment before opening them again before feeling dizzy. I wasn't feeling too well but I shook it off quickly hoping noone ahd noticed. 

"I actually don't know." 

"Well ignore them," she said before pulling me towards the Gryffindor table. I could feel eyes burning into the back of my head as I sat down. I was having a massive deja vu moment, that would explain the pounding at the back of my brain. 

"Hi," Vanessa chirped happily, seeing the both of us and smiling the brightest smile I've seen in days. "So you guys made up yeah?"

"Duh," we said at the same time, causing us to break out into another fit of giggles. Vanessa just shook her head before drinking some juice.  Eventually I calmed down enough to risk taking a sip of my juice. 

"So what are we going to do today?" Lily asked, still slightly pink form our laughing fits. I shrugged at the same time Vanessa did before coming across a bloody brilliant idea. 

"You know we cou-" 

" Hey Lils."

I groaned internally. Karma was being really mean as James shot me a disdainful look before pointedly ignoring me. 

"Hi," Lily scowled. "What do you want Potter?" James grinned cockily at her before leaning in a bit closer.

"I want you. I want you to go out with me," he said confidently before looking in my direction. I could have sworn he smiled a deranged grin at me. I got another feeling, one which was telling me that James was up to no good but I quickly dismissed the thought as we all waited for Lily's answer. 

She smiled sweetly and James eyes flickered with hope? Suddenly my heart felt sympathy for him, knowing Lily would dash his hopes and dreams with her reply. And I was right.

"Never you arrogant toe rag." 

His face fell as Lily pulled me and Vanessa to our feet, before forcing us out of the Hall. I looked back  to see James with a crestfallen expression on his face. 

Yes, yes I know short :c but I promise I'll upload very soon, this chapter was just a filler hehe, very boring yes. But it gets better :D thank you all btw for voting, adding and commenting. C: