Chapter 37~ Her name was Victoria

Christopher's POV 

Sitting on the beautiful green grass that had managed to spring up on the ground, I adjusted the bouquet of fresh flowers I'd gathered for the grave stone in front of me  and watched time fly by as I sat beside Abigail's grave stone. It had been a two months since I'd been released from that home wrecking bitch's curse and one month since I'd managed to track down where she roughly resided. 

Her name was Victoria and she had cursed my family when I was seven years old. 

They had chosen a spot next to my mother and Kelly to bury Abigail. Mother had died at the same time Abigail had died, an obvious sign of foul play. I had run dry of tears years ago when I had to watch as my body placed that spider on Isobel Potter's bed. 

It was no wonder why James Potter had hated Abigail for I had managed to basically kill her. I'm not proud of what I've done but it's in the past no matter how much I want to change it. But today I'll make it up to everyone. 

Twenty years ago I was born on June 26th.

Today is June 26th. 

Today is the day I die. 

But I'm not going alone. Victoria is coming with me. 

Kissing Abigail's gravestone one last time, I got up, cracking my stiff joints in preparation for a nice little trip to Victoria when a voice stopped me. 

"Oi!"

Turning around, I saw a young man running towards me, his unruly black hair bouncing with every step he took. The closer he came, the clearer the resemblance to Bellatrix Lestrange became apparent. Automatically, I pulled out my wand, pointing it at the young man who stopped before pulling out his own wand.

"Who are you," I hissed, taking a threatening step forwards when he still walked towards me, "and what is your business here Lestrange?" 

The look of shock was clear on the boys face before it was replaced with one of anger. 

"I'm not a Lestrange, I would rather die than be associated with one of them," he snarled back, "I'm Sirius, Sirius Black."

"A Black," I snorted, "that's just about as bad as a Lestrange or Malfoy." 

The next thing I knew, I was pinned underneath the boy with a solid punch to the face. My nose throbbed as I tasted blood in the back of my throat. This boy was freaking nuts. Scrambling away from him, I put my hand to my nose, pinching it in hope that it would stop bleeding everywhere. 

"What the hell," I yelled pushing him off and pining him onto the ground in no time, my wand to his throat, "what the actual fuck are you doing here?" 

"What are you doing here," he retorted, shoving me off him, his eyes landing on Abigail's grave. Noticing that he had gone completely still the moment he saw her gravestone, I surmised he was probably a friend of hers.

The school year did end at approximately this time. 

"Are you one of Abigail's friends?" 

"More then a friend," Sirius replied tightly, his face tightening as he tried to contain the tears blossoming in his eyes.

"Oh," I awkwardly hugged him, "I'm sorry. You probably meant a lot to her if you were more then a friend."

He sniffled before pushing a strand of hair away from his face, his eyes widening when he took in my face.

"You-you're Christopher?"

Surprise filled me as I inspected the boy in front of me. He knew my name and more importantly he'd probably known what I'd done.

"You know what I did to her right," I blurted out, my mouth spewing words almost as if it had a mind of it's own, "I didn't mean to hurt anyone. At the beginning of the year after I visited her, you found her yeah?"

That night near the Black Lake had haunted my dreams for months, the guilt almost unbearable inside of me. I'd wanted to end it all right then when my body was forced to kill my sister but once again Victoria's curse had proven to be more powerful then my willpower.

"That was you," he asked, his tone surprising me, "why doesn't she remember that?" I'd expected confusion and anger, not this flat tone of acceptance

"I-I I went back and erased her memory. Somehow I managed to stop myself from killing her right there but I couldn't stop myself from erasing her memory."

While I was talking Sirius had unhooked a locket from his neck, flipping it open and showing it to me. In the metal frame on one side, there was a photo of Abigail laughing, truly laughing, and on the other side, Sirius and Abigail waved at me before Sirius planted a kiss on the top of her head, causing her to laugh.

"She's beautiful," Sirius murmured, tracing her cheek before producing a paper airplane with his wand, which he made fly around Godric's Hollow, snowflakes trailing out from behind it before it came to a rest on Abigail's grave.

"Yeah, yeah she was," I mumbled, wiping away a tear that had managed to escape from my left eye. No more tears anymore. I had one last task to do in this realm. "You two would have had my blessing," I stated before standing up and brushing the dirt off my robes, "I'm going now Black. I have one last thing to do. It was nice meeting you and I wish I could change what happened."

"Wait where are you going?"

"Somehwhere dangerous."

"Can I come?"

"What, no," I snapped at him, shrugging off his hand, "It's too dangerous, Abigail would never forgive me if something happened to you."

"She's not here is she," he reasoned bluntly, "so take me with you."

Seeing as he wasn't going to ive up anytime soon, I relented and told him the plan.

"Are you still in?"

"Even more of a reason to go," Sirius muttered, cracking his knuckles before pulling out his wand, "52 Douglas street?"

"Yeah, see you there," I replied before cloising my eyes and apparting, the familiar sensation of being squeezed into nothing washing over me before I opened my eyes and was greeted by the sight of a red brick house with vines creeping up the walls.This is it. 

Looking up at the sky, I smiled, knowing Abigail would thank me for one thing, sending Sirius away from danger and imminent death. Good. 

The next few minutes passed in a blur and I could vaguely remember storming through the door, finding Victoria in her room, brandishing the same knife I'd been cursed with and plunging it through her heart at the same time she yelled the killing curse. 

Just as the blinding green light hit me, wiping the life out of me, I saw her own life leave her body with a sense of satisfaction.

Her name was Victoria and she won't hurt us anymore.