Chapter 9~ Memory

Abigail's POV

We turned. To see Sirius Black standing behind us, a smirk on his face. How I wanted to wipe it off his face with my fist. 

"Ummm, private conversation much?" 

I took the initiative in breaking the awkward silence. I glowered at him, annoyed that he had overheard Lily's confession. 

"Not anymore."

"Black, can we just move on and forget what I said. I haven't had much sleep last night and what I said was induced by lack of sleep."

Sirius stared, confused, at Lily for a few moments before realisation sunk into his facial expression. He opened and closed his mouth for a few moments. Ha! I told you he had low intellectual levels. 

Eventually he managed to get something out of his mouth before he took off. 

"Nope!"

He then footed it like a bat out of hell, leaving us behind. 

"Crap! Someone stop him!" Lily yelled at both of us before taking off in pursuit of a certain Black. Vanessa stared at me bemusedly before walking after Lily, leaving me standing by myself. 

"Well there's no point in going after her," I muttered to myself. Sinking down to the ground, I looked around to make sure there was nobody around. The coast was clear. Slowly, I pulled my robe sleeves up, wincing at the site before me. 

Thick white lines glared harshly at me, criss-crossing my arms in a mocking pattern. Disgusted with my body, I closed my eyes blocking out the ghastly image of my arms. I could honestly not remember where I got them from. Suddenly something in the back of my head flashed. 

Red light filled my vision as I saw a tall figure above me. His blue eyes danced with malice as his mouth contorted into a sneer.  His pale hand lifted, heading for his wand hidden in his robe. Mine reached for my wand. His eyes light up at my movements as he started to laugh.

"Not so fast! Expelliarmus!"

The wand flew out of my slick hand, right into his. Christopher looked at it disdainfully before tossing it away. He lifted his wand before screaming out a spell. My heart stopped as pain laced throughout my whole body. 

"You can't escape now little sister!" 

His cackles were drowned out by a piercing scream coming from my mouth. Heat was crawling all over my arms as a weight pinned me down into the deep darkness. I flailed helplessly, hitting something solid in the process.

"Abi-ABIGAIL! STOP!" 

I struggled to open my eyes but failed epically. Heat was searing all over me as my head was consumed in fire. It felt like my very existence was being ripped apart, piece by piece. 

"Make it stop! Please!" Sobbing, I fought against the darkness, screaming when I felt the fire increase. Faintly I could hear voices in the background. 

"Get someone Peter!" 

"Sirius or James?!"

"I don't care! Anyone!"

I could feel my head being lifted off the hard ground, causing the pain to increase before decreasing as something warm and soft cushioned it. Something sticky and wet was running down all over my body, weighing me down. 

I let the darkness consume me. 

Remus's POV

A beeping sound infiltrated my brain, reverberating along my cranium adding to my pounding headache.