Chapter 24~ I'm trying

Abigail's POV (continued from last chapter)

"But sir-" "50 points from Gryffindor! I suggest you get out now unless you want to be the subject of humiliation amongst your peers!" God I hate him so much. Grumbling, I rudely scraped my chair back before dramatically sweeping up all my books up and slamming them into my bag, throwing my writing equipment in as well, not caring that my ink had spilt everywhere before sneakily grabbing the parchment Lily had slipped into my lap. 

"Hurry up!" Slughorn barked, glaring at me, "or it'll be another 20 points from Gryffindor!"  "I'm trying!" I yelled back at him, losing the little patience I had in me," but you keep on nagging me you gibbering twat so obviously it's not going to be that easy!" The class went silent as Sluggy gasped for breath, his face turning red as he blotted his face, wiping the sweat which had gathered from his gabber-flasted expression.

  "T-that's it, I've had enough of your attitude Elston! Go to the head masters office now!" He roared, waddling up to me, smacking his wand down on the table, which caused several glowing cherry red sparks to fly out. I held my hands up sarcastically in defeat before smirking and replying.  "Sir yes sir," I cockily saluted him before walking out, slapping Sirius in the face with my bag on the way out.

As soon as I had left the room, chatter erupted in the classroom as people started to gossip about what just happened. My smirk grew even wider as I heard Slughorn scream at the rest of the students, demanding for the class to be quiet. "You are quiet  the rebel Elston," Sirius's voice floated over and I whipped around, disappointed that Sirius was out here with me. "Like you're one to talk," I shot back angrily, cursing as I felt some ink seep through my robes and run down my back,"you basically reek of it! Oh wait you just stink!" 

An unknown expression flickered through his eyes before they hardened and he glared at me,"Someone's on their rag." My mouth dropped open and I slapped him in the face. Hard.  "AM NOT!" I yelled angrily, ready to beat the crap out of him, enraged that he was impying that I was on something I actually wasn't on.

He scowled at me, his face turning red from where my bag had collided with his flesh. "Whatever you say, Elston," he sneered at me, revealing his perfectly straight and white teeth,"don't you have somewhere to be?" I simpered sarcastically at him before sohuldering past him making sure to rub some ink on him, making my way to Dumbledore's office. Something hard scratched my hand and I looked down to notice that the parchment Lily had passed to me was digging into my skin.

Unfurling it, I was greeted with a proposal from Lily. When we fall in love, it wilwon't be with someone like James or Sirius. If one of us does fall in love with someone like them, the other has permission to put a stop to it. Deal? I snorted, fat chance something like that is ever going to happen, I hate Sirius with a burning passion. Stopping in the corridor, I dipped my quill in the leaking ink and wrote deal.

****************************************************************************************

"I think you've fallen for him," Lily said, looking at me intensely. I snorted, no way do I love Sirius,before protesting. "Lils, I do not love Sirius!" "I think you do, whenever someone mentions his name, you start grinning like an idiot and honestly I've never seen you happier in my entire life, ever since you went out with him." 

 I felt my face heat up as she stated the truth. "I always grin like an idiot," I protested weakly when Lily smiled her knowing smile. "You love him Abs, face it." "Love? What good is love for? I don't love anyone or anything. I don't do love!" I replied half-truthfully.

"You don't fool me Abigail," she said before getting up off the floor and making her way into the bathroom,"A deal's a deal!" I bit my lip, my heart racing as I started imagining all the possible things Lily could do with Sirius.