Chapter 31 (Part two)

Abigail's POV

Coughing I grimaced as I accidentally inhaled some of the smoke, tearing up a little as it burnt all the way down my throat and into my lungs. Good lord that tasted terrible. I don't think it would be wise to tell Sirius that though. The rest of the smoke wafted away slowly, revealing the outfit laid out on my bed, presumably by Sirius. 

Picking it up, I looked at the skinny black jeans which I had accidentally ripped thoroughly that time I fell through a bunch of enchanted hawthorn bushes trying to collect a newt, the oversized woollen jumper which I think had been collected from real Hungarian flying sheep and the graphic shirt lying on my bed. 

Throwing off my robes, I quickly got dressed in the outfit laid out on my bed, glancing in the mirror before jamming on the scarlet beanie, which had a sarcastic quote embellished on it, and headed downstairs only to bump into a familiar head full of flaming red hair.

“Oh wow, Lily, I was actually going to go find you and ask if you wan-“

“To come to the camp out tonight? Yeah Harry had to ask me after you forgot to so I guess I’ll see you there,” she replied frostily, heading up the stairs before I could explain what had happened.

Not that it would have made a difference.

I’d totally forgotten to ask Lily to come with us; I’d been far too preoccupied with worrying over Sirius to ask Lily about the campout. I’m a horrible friend. I’ll give her some time to cool off; maybe James will take her mind off me or something like that.

“Nice beanie,” James complimented me when I landed in the armchair next to him. In response I simply scowled and gave him the finger, not in the mood for bantering with anyone. Lily’s cold exterior had put me in an even fouler mood.

“Someone’s suffering serious withdrawal symptoms,” James snickered, obviously thinking he was so smart for coming up with such a good pun. To that, I got up and threw the couch cushion into his face.

“Piss off Jamie,” I snapped, hoping that the pillow would somehow smother the life out of him.

“Alright Abraham,” he surrendered, snickering when I flipped him off again. We waited in silence for the rest of the group to join us, which felt like forever. I wish Sirius was here.

God I really am pathetic.

“Alright ladies and lads, let’s go now,” James exclaimed enthusiastically, locking his eyes with Lily’s, smirking when a small smile graced her lips. Noisily we headed out, picking up Harry on the way before James spluttered at us to put a zip on it.

One by one, we sneakily filed out into the already darkening evening, running until we made it to the cover of the forest. The moment my foot touched the carpet of decaying leaves, the back of my neck prickling as I felt eyes watching from every dark nook and cranny in the forest.

This forest is creepy.

“Is it just me or does anyone else feel like we’re being watched,” Harry asked uneasily, pulling Vivienne into his chest in a protective gesture. Oh my lord, they are so cute. I found myself missing Sirius more then I ever thought was possible.

“No this forest is seriously giving me the creeps,” Lily chipped in.

“Oh god this forest has never felt this creepy,” James whispered under his breath, “shit we left Sirius here for the entire afternoon.”

Before I had time to freak out, the bushes to my right rustled and the one of the demons that haunted my sleep at night emerged from it, streaked with dirt and blood, his familiar yet not familiar eyes boring into mine. There was something in his eyes that drew me in, everyone else’s shrieks of concerns fading out into the background as I looked into the eyes of my father.