Chapter 29~ Invincible and Invisible

*Two months ago*

Sirius's POV

"Are you sure," I asked once more, looking at Vanessa's brown eyes, "absolutely sure?" She looked at me, obviously not impressed as she rolled her eyes to the celing. "I live in the same dorm as her, Sirius, you think I wouldn't know," she huffed, clearly running out of patience, "seeing as you're so obsessed with her, wait here and I'll get it for you instead you lazy arse."

As she turned to ascend the girls dorm stairs, I quickly grabbed her arm, preventing her from climbing anymore. "No, I'll do it," I said confidently, my palms sweating as I looked up at the looming stairwell leading to the forbidden dorms. Her left eyebrow disappeared beneath her loose brown hair as she stared at me in disbelief.

"Really? And how do you propose that Black? If you haven't forgotten already with your dense brain, the stairs are enchanted."

"Oi, what's it with you girls calling me dense, I'm actually pretty goddamn smart, I'm still here,aren't I?" I replied defensively, feeling hurt that everyone was saying that, "I'm not stupid!"

"Whatever Black.  If you're so genuis, how are you going to get up there?"

I replied to her question with a wicked grin on my face as I stepped towards her menacingly. "You're going to help me." Her eyes widened in fear as she took a step back up the stairway, shaking her head in disagreement.

"No, no way Black, you're out of your mind."

********************************************************

Twenty minutes later I was awkwardly standing at the doorway of Abigail's empty dorm. Vanessa and her friends had evacuated down to common room but not before placing an enchantment that had rendered all of their property invisible to me.

Late afternoon sunshine lazily filtered through the dust motes as a gust of wind breezed through the open window, sending the scarlet curtains floating up and down through the air. Just do it, Sirius; I mentally yelled, go get that squid.

Biting my lip, I gingerly placed one foot on the dark wodden floor, quickly retracting it when the surface under me crackled and crunched. Oops. Judging by the sound, I had probably stepped on an empty wrapper or something left by one of the girls.

Exhaling, my legs shook as I stepped in the room once more, my eyes set on the only visible bed where a large plush was currently residing on. My gut churned uncomfortably in my body, sending heated, almost painful sparks to my heart; causing a sense of unease to wash through my body. Why does this feel so wrong?

Shaking away the impending sense of doom, I quickly crossed the floor, sitting on Abiail's bed quickly, ready to nurse the bumps and bruises I had received from multiple pieces of unseen furniture.  An excruciatingly painful throbbing sensation grew on my foot as I accidentally snubbed my toe on a hard, solid piece of invisible furniture right next to Abigail's bed.

"Merlin's bloody beard!"

Bending over, I cussed as my robes fell over my head, turning the whole world black when I tried to untie my shoelace.Hair flopped into mny mouth, the dry strands instantly irritating my mouth. Squickly wiping it out of my mouth, the air grew heavy with my breath as I slowly suffocated under my heavy robes.

Oh my god, am I going to die from suffocation? I can imagine the headlines now. Handsome, brilliant young wizard accidentally suffocated to death with his own robes.  His death has left thousands devastated with loss. I have a seriously active imagination. Reigning it in, I made one last attempt to free myself, my hand slipping through a thin opening in the robes, immediately throwing myself off balance.

My body teetered on the end of the bed for a few seconds and I breathed a sigh of relief that I hadn't fallen off. Untangling my robes, fresh air greeted me as well as the now fading light. How long did I spend navigating my way through this room? At least I'm safe now.

Just as I thought that, something gave way beneath my feet, sending me tumbling on the floor. There was no escaping the invincible and invisible furniture, I surmised. Unbeknownst to me, Isabel's ribbon I had been meaning to return to James forever, slipped out of my robes before gently floating under Abigail's bed, resting there daintily.

Scowling, I sat up, rubbing my toe as I grabbed the squid; storming out of the room while bumping into various furniture on the way out of the door. That dorm is a death trap, I swear on my great grandfather's body.  Well that was kind of pointless because I hated him anyway.

Whatever.

That room is a danger to everyone, I swear to whatever greater entity there was out there. "Oi, how'd you get up there?" My heart dropped the moment I recognised that voice. Shit. Slowly I turned around, coming eye to eye with Frank Longbottom. 

"Uhm...erm, confundo." 

Frank barely had enough time to blink before the spell hit him, instantly causing him to burst out into a mumbled babble. 

"Sorry Frank," i quickly apologised, leaving the common room and heading towards the Great Hall. 

********************************************

Trying to calm my ferociously beating heart, I stared at the hospital ward door, the squid plush in my hand, James's invisible cloak in the other. Finally gathering the courage, I pushed the door, frowning when the door didn't budge. 

"Alohomora," I whispered, waiting until the door gave a satisfactory click, indicating the lock had retracted, before pushing open the heavy door quietly, careful not to disturb anyone. Stepping as lightly as I could, I slowly made my way over to the familiar curtained section in the middle, where a faint golden glow was spilling out into the cold empty pathway. 

Pushing aside the curtains, I was stunned by the beauty lying in the middle of the white hospital sheets, her honey brown hair lying in waves, splayed around her head like a halo, the glow of the lantern illuminating her.

Sweat started to collect in my palms as my mouth went dry, the moment my eyes landed on her.How could someone be so beautiful? More importantly, how did I get so lucky?  She's the most important thing to me and...and I love her.