Chapter 30~ The book has to go

A month ago

Sirius’s POV

“Hey,” I greeted Remus, standing in front of him and Abigail, narrowing my eyes at the distance between both their legs; which if one of them moved, would be touching. James was on the opposite side of Abigail, his untidy black head resting against her slender shoulders.

Remus sent a head nod towards me, his sandy hair flopping against his face as he shuffled uncomfortably on the ground, my glare obviously causing him discomfort. Satisfaction filled me when he shuffled over across the green grass, offering me a spot next to Abs. I shook my head as another idea popped into my head.

Shooting a glance at the beauty wedged between two of my best friends, I realised she was far too engrossed in reading a book to respond to me, and that she hadn’t noticed my arrival. Perfect. Silently I snuck behind her, ignoring the curious glances Remus was shooting at me, moving closer and closer until I was a fingers width away from her.

Just when I was about to pounce on her, James turned his head to look at me, his  untidy hair, brushing against her bare neck, causing her to jump in shock and spin around, her mesmerising eyes instantly locking on to mine. For a few seconds I stood, drinking in her beauty as she stared right back at me, her eyes baring her soul before a wide smile spread across her face and she jumped into my outstretched arms.

“Sirius!”

An unstoppable grin spread across my face, the moment her soft body hit mine, her calming scent wafting over me as she hugged me, her slender legs wrapping around my waist as her soft lips met mine. We, well I, stood there for a few seconds before she disentangled her legs, dropping to the ground so she could pull down her robes while I tried to wipe of the smile that had forced its way on my face.

“Hey,” I mumbled in her ear, heat flooding my body when she turned back around to face me, her robes now back to normal. “Hi,” she chirped happily, sitting down once again on the ground immediately picking up the book before resuming her studious reading of the book, completely shutting me out.

"Abs," I questioned, ignoring the snickers that emitted from James as well as the whipping noises Remus was making in the background when she didn't reply. "Abigail?" 

"Hmm yeah," she mumbled, not tearing her eyes away the page she was currently on, carefully flipping the page when her eyes made it to the bottom of the text. "Nothing," I quickly replied, my mouth falling open when she mumbled a vague reply.

Goddamn that book is far more interesting than me, I realised, jealousy sweeping through my body before my mind stopped it in its tracks. I was jealous of a book. How pathetic. Sirius Orion Black, co-ruler of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, jealous of a pathetic book. Ha, that’s likely.

Except it was true, I actually was jealous of the book because it had Abigail’s undivided attention while I was left, feeling like a dog that had just been kicked. Well I suppose I was a dog that had just gotten kicked ruthlessly by his girlfriend who would much rather prefer to read a stupid book rather than spend time with him.

That book has to go. It really does. The moment I processed the thought, my brain started to turn, churning out a multitude of wild ideas. Burn the book, rip it to shreds, use it as toilet paper,so many different possibilities. I stopped myself once again, realising that I sounded like a mad man, scratch that I was a mad man. 

And I'll definitely scrap the toilet idea, don't want any paper cuts around that area. I've officially lost my mind. Before I had time to question my decision, I was off, running across the green grass towards the Black Lake, the book flapping wildly in my hand, yellowed pages fluttering down to the ground. 

"What the hell Sirius!"

I made my mistake then, turning my head around so I could see her.

**************************************************************************************************

"I can't even...what..I can't," Abigail spluttered, pacing back and forth in front of the fireplace, watching the drowned pages slowly crinkle up from the heat, a few pages occasionally going up in flames when they got too close to the flame. 

"I don't think this is working," I pointed out, watching as another page disappeared into a pile of blackened ashes. "No thanks to you," she snapped back, sighing in exasperation as the red cover of the book lit up briefly before disintegrating, taking the rest of the pages with it. 

As soon as I deemed it to be safe, I spoke, pointing out the obvious.

"Abigail...you could have just used a drying spell."

It was her turn for her mouth to fall wide open, before she turned around and smacked my arm. "Why didn't you tell me earlier!" 

"Maybe I didn't want that book to be saved."

"What are you on about?"

"You paid more attention to that book then me," I replied truthfully, hanging my head in shame when she started to laugh. Somehow in between her laughter, she managed to splutter out a sentence.

"Wh-where you jea-jalous of the book!"

I felt my face burn in embarrassment as I looked away from her, not wanting her to see the chagrin flooding my cheeks as she continued to splutter. Before I knew it her lips were on mine, and my hands were tangled in her hair.

************************************

SPOILER ALERT

Mwahahaha just making as many as possible Sirius x Abigail moments because you won't be seeing much of them after a while >:) Or maybe you will, who knows ;) Please vote and leave a comment if you enjoyed this chapter, I know it's crud but ehehe :) Take care guys.