Chapter 8~ Which universe?

Lily's POV

I couldn't resist turning my head to look at James. He was still standing in the same position, with an expression of deep hurt plastered on his face. Feeling a pang in my heart, I quickly shook my head clear of any thoughts of James Potter.

But oh how I wanted to remove the look of hurt from his face, to run my hands through his gorgeous hair and kiss off that expr- WHOA Lily. What the heck am I thinking? There was obviously something with my breakfast. Not that I had anything for breakfast. 

At that precise moment my stomach growled and demanded food. I chose to ignore it but then it let out a louder growl, begging me to go back to the hall and feed myself. Torn between retaining my dignity or  feeding myself, I didn't notice him until it was too late. 

"Look out Lily!" Abigail and Vanessa shrieked at the same time as I ran into a chest. A very hard chest. Feeling my cheeks starting to heat up, I looked up slowly only to be captured by a set of greyish blue eyes. I could feel my heartbeat accelerate as I continued to stare into the eyes of perfection. 

"Steady on," his deep velvet voice broke me out of my trance as I stumbled against him.

I tore my eyes from his captivating stare, only to discover he had soft brown tousled curls. I may have started drooling.

"Lily?" He asked, his voice tentative and caring.

This.. this creature of perfection was speaking to me while I stood there like a complete nimwit! Snap out of it Lily! I cleared my throat nervously before retracting my gaze away from his chiselled chest. Holy skrewts, his body is yummy! 

"Lily?" 

"Huh?" I replied dumbly, still entranced by the epitome of perfection in front of me.

"OH! Sorry I just zoned out!" I replied hastily, amazed at my lack of comprehension. This boy has stolen my ability to speak. 

"That's alright. Well umm I was just on my way in so..." 

He trailed off, looking rather uncomfortable, shuffling his feet. I could feel Vanessa tugging my robes before whispering to me. 

"Lils, he wants to go." 

I just continued staring like a dumbass, not comprehending anything Vanessa was saying. 

"Dude, you're blocking his way," Abigail whispered. 

"What? Oh. OH! OHMYGOSH! Sorry, I'm just not feeling well today," I quickly spewed out before  stumbling to one side. Smooth Lily, real smooth. 

Mr yummy nodded his head in acknowledgement, making his gorgeous curls bounce before entering the Great Hall, leaving me gawking like the idiot I was. 

Silence filled the air as my two friends stared at me. I shrugged my shoulders feeling uncomfortable under their stares. 

"What, he was a total hottie?"

They both continued to stare. 

"Lily, you know that was Harry Davids?" 

Holy cheese balls! What's wrong with me?! Harry is a friend, not a potential crushee. But look at those wonderful eyes... James eyes are better though, they're so earthly, I could stare at those hidden hazel eyes for years without getting bored. His hair is perfectly black and tousled, how I just want to run my hands through his hair and- Snap out of it! 

"Did...did you just admit that, you think Potter is attarctive?!" 

Abigail and Vanessa screamed in horror at the same time.