Chapter 34~ Everything has changed

Remus's POV

"No, I can't, don't go! Don't leave her. Someone help!"

Sighing, I threw a pillow over my head as I tried to muffle out Sirius's yelling. I'd given up long ago trying to help, nothing I did worked. We've all changed so much. A feeling of nostalgia swept over me as I remembered the good old times.

We're not the naive little kids we were before this year, something had happened to all of us this year. For better or for worse, I wasn't sure. Sirius had finally found true happiness and love but with that had come guaranteed heartbreak and hurt, James was currently forced into infatuation with a girl and Lily hadn't spoken to us in over a month. 

This last month we, Vanessa, Peter and I, had been anxiously waiting for either Abigail to wake up or for Sirius to fully remember and explain what was going on. Also having James back would be nice. For the last month a feeling of unease had permanently settled down in my stomach, causing nearly everything to become unbearable.

As a result people kept a wide berth away from me, seeing as the last time I'd snapped at a first year for walking in front of me too slowly. Needless to say, my reputation had gone down the drain but I was too tired to care. 

No one was expecting it so it came as a shock to all of us, when the matron from the hospital wing  took us out of class told us Abigail had passed away. 

"Excuse me sir but could I please borrow Lupin, Evans, Black and Pettigrew?" 

Looking up from my parchment, I saw the matron waiting at the door, a grim look on her face as she addressed Professor Binns. Grumbling he waved a us with his hand, signalling us to go before continuing on with his speech about where cornish pixies came from originally. 

Checking my watch, I noted that there were only a few minutes until this class ended so I took my stuff with me, joining the anxious group waiting outside. I caught sight of Lily, who hadn't spoken to me for a while, biting her nails as she glanced at James. 

I had a strong feeling that there was something terribly wrong and the matron confirmed it. 

"Abigai- Abigail has passed away. I'm sorry." 

~~~~~~

RIP Margery Mason (Food trolley woman)