Chapter 27~ Infractus Pectus

Remus's POV

I love her. She's so beautiful when she's concentrating and her nose scrunches up just a litt-

"Remus!"

My head snapped up and I saw her looking at me with her warm deep eyes. I blushed as I realised she was in touching distance of me.

"Sorry what," I stuttered out, hiding beneath a loose lock of hair. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why the flobber did I just do that, she probably thinks I'm stupi-

"Um I just asked you what Uric was famous for wearing."

My brain turned to jelly as soon as I looked back up at her honey brown eyes and beautiful smile. Merlin's beard, I've blown it, first tuning out during a conversation and now having a complete brain blank! I wish I could disappear into the ground.

"Are you alright Remus?"

"U-urm yeah! Fabulous!"

I blurted out, immediately regretting what I had just said. I've made a massive fool out of myself in front of her.

"Are you sure, you look a bit flushed."

"I'm fabulous, sorry I just thought of um chocolate. Yeah."

Stupid!

"Oh ok, um Uric the oddball, what's he famous for wearing?"

"A jelly fish as a hat I think."

I watched as she nodded and dipped her ink in quill before writing it down in smooth flowing cursive letters. Even her writing is beautiful. I was brought out of my reverie when a ball of wadded up paper hit me on the head, hard.

Turning around, I saw Peter looking meaningfully at me, pointing towards the distraught looking Abigail as Sirius sat far away from her, staring dreamily out of the door. Sighing I nodded at him before turning around, only to be met with a pair of curious brown eyes.

"Uhm sorry I have to help Peter," I replied, sad that I had to probably give up the whole of the lesson with her to help Peter out. She looked over at Peter then at Sirius and then Abigail then back at me.

"You take Sirius and I'll take Abs," she asked, smirking at me when I turned to look at her, my mouth open in surprise. "Don't look at me like that, she's my friend," she laughed before standing up and heading over to Abs, leaving a trail of chocolatey perfume.

Shaking my head clear, I made my way over to Peter while keeping an eye on Mr Binns, who was currently sleeping. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Vanessa sit down next to Abigail and I took that as my cue to head over to Sirius.

His unusually empty,cold, grey eyes focused on me when I stepped in front of him, recognition clear in his eyes, my hopes slowly rising.

"Remus, what's wrong with me?" He whispered, looking towards the door separating this classroom from the classroom with Jannet in it before looking over at Abigail, his face instantly brightening when he saw her.

"You'll feel better soon," I lied, looking worriedly over at Lily's vacant seat. Never in six years had Lily ever skipped a class so she'd obviously gotten the message I had sent her. A pair of strong hands gripped my arm and I jolted, turning to look at a furious Sirius, his mouth turned down in a frown.

"Sirius," I asked hesitantly, following his gaze which was currently fixated on Abigail. She looked like she was on the verge of tears, her usually bright ocean green eyes a dull muddy brown.

"It's not right," he repeated, his eyes focused on Abigail, his grip tightening when she looked over at us," everything's wrong."

My heart beat spiked when I noticed that he was deathly pale and sickly looking with red rimmed eyes. Merlin, Lily better get that hate potion ready soon otherwise Sirius might not make it. He was already showing symptoms of a severe Infractus pectus 'broken heart' disease.