Chapter 4

"He's serious about you Mei-Li," hearing my sister's tone of voice as a tease.

I groaned. Looking down to see Elian wanted to carry him up again. "Charming."

We began to walk to the direction of the Royal garden. Ella said that Prince Matthias's mother own and grown this garden. It's very beautiful and lively.

"I know he can be a bit around tempting towards you but-"

"A bit?" I practically raised my voice. "Sister, you don't joke. I mean don't say that he's willing to sleep with every woman here?"

"Are you stalking him?" She grinned.

I turned my face. "No, and I don't attend to. Besides, Ella, I almost wed an emperor in my country because he found me spellbinding than all the other woman he has."

Alina began to play with her mother's hair. "I see, what's going on here?" I stayed quiet to take her guess. "Your jealous?"

I scoffed and again almost choking. "You can't be seriously say I'm jealous of how many woman he's been with. How absurd!"

"Mei-Li the children." I pinched my lips. Forgotten there are little ones around. "If your not jealous, than what's causing yourself to deny the feelings locked inside you?"

I took a deep breathe and release an shaky breath of air. "No reason, just...I wanted to avenge my parents death. I dishonor them that had them dead in the first place. I have to leave this place soon to go back to my country. I doubt anybody notice the missing young man who recently joined the army just came back, alive."

"I understand," she said. She placed Alina down to the grass as she wobbled her steps to the garden. Elian followed playing with her. Laughs of children was perfectly mix with the scenery. "But, Mei-Li this will always be your second home to go to." She took my hands. "I don't want you to be ending up like Ravena. Killing doesn't make you a better person. You're no better than that person who killed your parents."

"Ella, I-"

"Promise me, Mei-Li, promise me that you won't have revenge and anger taking over your heart." She tighten her grasped. "I lost my parents, I don't want to lose a sister who's I'm really close to."

How I could reject such a promise? 

Ella, has always the understanding advise which made her stepmother turn over a new leaf. I don't have any siblings and wishing for one would have been better that way she will always have my back.

I nodded. "I promise."

"Good!" She smiled, then called the servants to bring the finger food for the tea setting on the table.

I took a small bread with slice of meat into my mouth as Alina summoned vines from the ground as they rose above her head and roses bloomed. Ella sighed tiredly as her daughter laughed and clapped her hands joyfully.

I enjoyed watching two of Ella's children and how unique they are.

I didn't plan to run into Lucas but just him near me had made my body tingle for his touch. Never in my life, especially growing up barely have friends and any boys interested me I'm mostly alone.

That's the life I had to overcome. A father who used to be a great warrior has fallen because of his unmovable legs, a mother who worked everyday selling what we have little to sell. Steams buns are popular and mom's are the best, but people not really buy street foods and rather buy exquisite cuisine.

"Alina," Ella called for her daughter, "please stop growing flowers. I know your grandmother would be very happy that you've taken care of her garden."

The little princess giggled and grew another variation of flowers.

Ella sighed.

"She needs to control her powers or else, this castle will be a completely covered in green." I told her, but smiled at Alina's beautiful face. With her dark raven hair like her father. She's the prettiest baby I've ever seen.

"I know," Ella did not frown but smiled, "maybe I could ask Mama to seal her powers until she's old enough to use them. That goes for Elian too."

Watching Elian shift his hand into ruby crystals as red and orange flames covers his hand without burning him.

"I don't think he's that mischievous. I think he can handle it."

"Still, I need to make sure they don't hurt anybody who is normal." She said.

"Like your darling husband," I countered.

"Yes," she chuckled softly taking a sip of her tea. "When Elian was Alina's age his powers developed and he accidentally burnt Matt's painting he received."

I widened my eyes. "Oh my! Was the painting okay?"

"He didn't care much of it but it was a gift from the Avalon King," she took a bite from her cookie, "Matt didn't like it."

"Thank god," I swallowed after taking a drink.

Ella then face forward watching her children try to catch a butterfly. "Have you decided when you are leaving?"

"I'm not sure," I said, looking down at my real cup. Glancing at my reflection. "I guess when the time is right."

She hasn't said anything but understood. I don't even know when I'll be returning home and visit my parents grave. The day they died I buried almost close to a high cliff where the bonsai tree had grown for more than 400 years. I would remember to sit on the cliff looking at the horizons with the mountains and lost of trees, the breeze of the wind blowing in your face, you wonder what's beyond behind the mountains.

Now I know.