Chapter 28

I roared and searched for Ella, ignoring the eyes of my twin brother and sister who were shock to see me like this. "Ella, Khan is down there. I want you to come with me."

"Wait," Lucas halt Ella from shifting. "We just got together and now your going against the enemy who almost killed you?"

"He's my responsibility to fight him, not you," I had no time to argue. But, mostly, Lucas didn't look frighten at my transformation. "You stay here and protect Ling."

"No, I'm coming with you-" when he wanted to say more, I pulled the collar of his armor and gave him a big kiss letting everyone see which didn't matter to me. But, I heard Eugene made a whistle and Ella exclaimed loudly 'Finally!' I pulled our kiss apart, I grinned at his droopy expression. 

"Be a good boy and stay," I said to him and made my way to Mu Yan and Yao Shi. "Khan is here to retrieve the Gold Pearl. Where is it?"

I waited for them to answer but nothing. "Hurry! Tell me. If Khan gets the Gold Pearl we are all doom."

"Xiao Mei," Yao Shi spoke first. "We don't have the pearl."

"What?"

"It's true, Xiao Mei," Mu Yan stepped forward. "When father took your immortal powers away and sealed it in that gold pearl he had it buried with your mother for safe keeping."

"And where is she buried?"

"Where you were raised by the Hua family," Yas Shi answered, then added, "Peach Blossom Village."

"What?" my eyes grew. "My mother was buried there this whole time!"

"Father wanted to keep you and your mother together even though you have no memory of her."

I couldn't believe it. All this time, my real mother was buried in Peach Blossom Village where I was raised. She was near me this whole time. But, where was she buried was the question. If Khan knew the pearl isn't here then he will find out. That Ox pin head said Khan has changed and much stronger because someone other than the Doc can operate body parts of an animal in a human. He's not the only one, Emperor Wen wanted the pearl as well. 

"Ling," I called to him as he slowly rose up from a little weak. "The emperor doesn't know your here with me right?"

He shook his head. "No, I ran off on my own. To follow you."

"Did someone see you?"

"A eunuch, but I told him to stay quiet," then he pinched his chin. 

"What?"

"I've never seen that eunuch before, he's not one of any of my brothers or sisters."

"Shit!"

Ling jumped back at my swore word. "What is it jie?"

"You have a mole in your palace meaning that eunuch told your brother you are with me and summon his shaman to curse you."

"Why would he do that?" Ling argued. "My own brother wouldn't do that. I know he's an asshole and unfit to be emperor. But, he wouldn't do that to me."

"Think about it Ling, he thinks your after the pearl which is the reason why he put a curse on you."

He shook his head. "That can't be true."

"Well, it is. It's not a coincident that Khan is here for the Pearl. How do you think he found us? His pet? I had him killed when he was flying around the ship," I shook my head, "The emperor didn't send troops to help the people who lost their homes because of Khan's wrath. And Khan's ship is harbored far away from the palace and where are the royal troops? Nowhere. Your brother knew you would tag along with me because all he want is power and greed. And he's working with Khan," I shift back a bit returning my human hands and place them on his shoulders shaking him. "Wake up Ling! Your brother is working with the enemy who is going to destroy this whole kingdom if we don't do something."