Chapter 40

Our swords clash creating sparks each time the sharp end of our blades connects.

I gave it my very strength to fight Khan, but something wasn't eighth about him. I killed him in the with a dangerous object as a weapon yet he's alive, and we are once again fighting to see who's the better man or woman.

"What's wrong little girl?" His throat clock into laughter. "Have you gone weaker? Did you waste all your powers on me?"

Bastard!

I swung my sword, and he dodges leaving the battle ring on the ship until he was on the captain's deck.

"Get back here coward!" I barked, "I haven't killed you yet."

"Oh and you will," Khan grinned. "But first, let me ask you? Where is the pearl? I know you lied to Wen that it has been destroyed but ain't naive to believe the pearl is gone forever. So, where is it?"

"Like I told Wen a million times," more like three, "I don't have it and will never be held by the hands of a bloodthirsty murder."

Khan jumped back down I held still. His sword was resting on his shoulder as his free hand was rubbing his chin with his long black beard. "Not a single word from your lips can't convince me. Give up the pearl, and I'll let you live."

"Go. To. Hell."

Khan scoffed. "I'm only one-time nice and asked kindly, but you sure are your mother's daughter. Beautiful and a sharp tongue. That is why I fell for her, but she was deflowered by your father and died because she wanted to protect you, the child of a guardian and priestess. Pathetic," he spat, and spit.

I gripped tighter and glared at him listening to the way he talks about my parents that way. "My mother died because of me and the only way not to fall in the hands of a real monster she rather kills herself than marry a bastard like you-" I choked when Khan's sword was stab through my armor. Blood was dripping from my lips. I groaned when he pulled it out.

How the hell did he stab me when I'm standing in front of him?

Never left my eyes off him. How is he this strong after I assume his death by my poison?

I dropped down to one knee, using my sword to support me, heavy breathing as I pressed my wound with my hand. I felt the healing processing.

"Oops! Sorry, my hands slipped," Khan said with amusement in his eyes when he stabs me. "What were you talking about? I believe karma is such a bitch to use such dirty trick on me just hours after."

He's referring to the poison I hit him with and vent his anger on that since the start of this match.

I swallowed hard rising from the ground taking several deep breaths before I position my body in a fighting stance.

"Why are you still alive?" I asked, curiosity and angry that he hasn't died yet.

"Oh," he says sarcastically just to tick me off, "I guess I forgot that after you had poisoned me, I was brought back to life."

"But how?" I growled. "That poison was ten times stronger than most. Your body was supposed to rot."

"As I said, you can kill me but not that efficiently," he smirked. "You see, I made enough and alliances with a certain witch from the Northridge Kingdom."

"The Winter Kingdom?" Why would Khan go to a place where it never stops snowing, and the temperature is close to below zero you would have scorching body heat temperature to survive there. My mind drifts back. "Witch? What witch?"