Chapter 42

As my mother, adopted parents and the rest of the innocence life Khan took away all left into the world I took the moment to stare.

Khan's body now a rotten corpse, flesh already cooked, bones are disfigured and the skull with his canine fangs are shown I covered my nose to block the stench away keeping me from throwing up what's left inside.

"Mei-Li!"

I turned my head to find Ling running towards me with wide smile and tears in his eyes as he leap and landed on me.

"I'm so glad your okay," he sobbed, hiding his face on my armor filled with blood. I couldn't push him away since he's royal born and can't be smothered with blood to contaminate his highness. But, Ling couldn't care less and hugged me tight until I was left with no air. "I was so scared. Scared for you."

I wrap one arm around him and caress. Since everyone in the palace has been killed by Khan and his men. Ling can only come to me and General Zhao.

"Ling," I pushed him back. His face plastered with tears, and sweat I almost laugh, "I'm fine. Look, I'm still alive and well. My duty was to protect the royal family, to protect you."

"Fighting Khan is a death wish," Ling sniffles, "You could have given him the pearl like he ask you too."

I cackled.

"Ling, there was no pearl." I chuckled more at his confuse face. "My father, the Guardian and his wife forge my mother's body and the pearl to create this Sword."

I lift my sword up.

"This sword takes and gives life and since Khan wanted so bad he got what he asked for." I glanced once more at Khan's corpse body. "Greed by power and killed by power. What you see in this world isn't what you read in books. Out there a much more challenges has yet to come." I smiled at his fallen face and pat his head.

I laid back and looked up at the clear blue sky. "Good thing I didn't have to use the true powers of the God or else the world will really end."

"Mei-Li!"

I heard Ella's voice from afar as she came running ahead from the Aurelius brothers and the others. I sprung up but was pushed forward once Ella pounce at me crushing to the floor.

"Ella...your crushing me..." I breathily said.

"Oh, my dear sister, you save everyone. I was so scared of losing you I wish I could -"

Oh crap here comes the water works.

"I will die with you," then she cried loudly. And just before she did, Matt was on her side calming her down.

"Love, you need to stop crying."

"Shut up!" She snapped, looked at me with her big round eyes as the water gloss her eyes and cried some more.

"It's the hormones," Ling said, and stood up. "I've seen it with the other concubines when they are pregnant with my father's child. Let her be, Prince Matthias."

While Ella cried, Matt caressing her with sweet words. I found Syrena clutched the coat I gave her over her body. One second glance I saw something move around her wrist as she quickly covered it.

"Thank you, Syrena." I said to her. "You helped a lot."

"Well, mermaids are the fastest swimmers than any sea creature. I'm glad to help out." She smiled, then it fell off her when a heavy coat blanket her. She looked up to find Eugene displaying his massive body with many tattoos of his victories from battle.