Chapter 41

"Stop running from me and fight!"

I pivot my feet before it can hit the floor of the ship and almost scrap by Khan's sword.

"Syrena are you there?" I called out, but instead of her voice, it was the voice of my warrior who had been bickering at Ella to talk to me.

"My love, are you alright?"

I smile only to tease him. "If I were okay, I should have to make sure Khan was dead."

"Flower bear, it's not your fault."

"Flower bear?" I asked, duck my head to avoid Khan's blade and gave him a kick in return. "And per say where did you learn that from?"

"No one," I grew silent, and he sighed. "I found out from General Zhao that Hua means flower in your language and since you act like a mama bear for Ling; protective, I figure why not call you that."

I grunted, clashing my sword with Khan's massive blade as we struggle. "It's best not to call me that."

"Lovely?"

"No," I said, dodging another swing from the giant sword.

"Pookie, cupcake, my flower," Lucas was ranting on ten or twenty more pet peeves he can come up with, "What can I call you?"

"Nothing," I grunted, slash a cut to Khan's leg as I twist my body to give another kick in the shin. "You need to stop calling me names."

"Why not?" Lucas whined. "You're my future wife, and Matt calls Ella his Little Mouse. Why can't I?"

I grunted again, hitting against the wall and almost had my face scrap by Khan's sword who growled by how poor his aim was.

"First of all, I will not be called by those names you had already used by other woman and secondly, your brother gave that name to Ella when they were younger," I groaned. "And lastly, now it's not the time to talk about marriage when I'm in a real difficult situation here," I grunted, pushing Khan's blade out from my face with my sword, cutting him again in his midsection.

"So, your willing to marry me?"

Did he just say willingly?

Does he think I won't accept him as my husband?

"Who are you talking to?" Khan snarled, his face close to my face and I could see demonic aura dilating in his pupils, nothing but pitch black. "That clumsy doctor is a traitor, and when I'm done with you, the small doctor is next."

I growled at him, ignoring his mockery.

Am I that dull not to marry the man who makes my world upside down. Between to hate-love, I could not let myself watch Lucas with other woman or else my hand are already at my sword and to their necks. Am I not worthy of his love? That comes to my mind sometimes, and there was no right answer for me to know if he will love a girl like me who only thinks about revenge.

I clashed my blade at Khan. He blocked every move I gave him only to return the favor with ten times more with his strength.

"Has Syrena found it?" I grunted, I used both my hands, gripping the base of my sword with my power struggling to push him back.

"You didn't answer my question," Lucas said, with a serious tone.

Now, he gets serious.

"Mei Li?"

"Not now, Lucas," I said, in a breathless voice. I groaned, harshly when Khan pushed his blade more making my feet slide back.

"I need to know," he said, with a hard tone. "Will you marry me?"