Chapter 5

"There's my favorite girl," Prince Matt carried Ella off the floor and gave her a romantic kiss. I found Lucas and the other brothers standing beside him. They all finished their meeting inside the room they were in.

"Stop showing off, brother," said Lucas. Prince Matt snarled putting Ella back down.

"Daddy! Up!" Shouted Alina, asking for her turn.

"Oh, my sweet little princess," he picked up his daughter throws her up in the air as she laughs.

"Higher Daddy! Higher!" She demanded.

"My love, be careful of Alina," said a very sensitive and protective Ella.

Prince Matt laughed. "How about my boy? Want a turn?"

"Yeah!" Said the young prince. So his father does the same for Elian by giving Alina to Brendan to hold.

Alina was being tickled by her Uncle Brendan as he cooed at her. The other brothers took their turn with Alina. Eugene the gentle giant was a softy also tickled her. Raj gave Alina a gold necklace that hung lowly around her neck. From what I heard from Ella, he has been giving more gold than ever. Then there's Nicolas, sometimes when Ella and Matt wanted to be alone he would read her bedtime stories and instantly Alina would fall asleep. He's was that boring.

I watched from a distance, leaning against a large puller and smiled. Thinking what a happy family. I remember my Father throwing me up in the air. I also remembered playing around the house. Some good times.

"Where are my grandchildren?" A mighty voice alerted everyone as they turned their attention to the King of Enchantia and the father of the six princes. "Elian, Alina come to your Pop-Pop."

Elian jumped off from his father's arm, then he and Alina ran towards their grandfather king as he carried both in his arms.

"My word, you two are growing up so fast." Alina began to play with his beard while Elian switch positions and traveled to climb on his back sitting on his shoulders.

"Elian, please get down from your grandfather," Ella warned. "You will hurt him."

King William laughed. "It's fine by me, Ella. I miss having children riding my shoulder. Matthias was the first one, he climbed like a monkey."

"Father," Prince Matt groaned, while his brothers laughed. Ella could hide her laughter and tag along.

"All of you did," the King added, that made the rest of the brother to shut up. "My whole life I raised monkeys and not sons." He shook his head.

Ella laughed so hard she was having hard time breathing. I covered my mouth but I still laughed. Imagine six monkeys that the king had to raised.

The King cooed and played with his grandchildren when suddenly Otis his messenger arrived. He whispered in his ear and looked at me. Everyone followed the king's stare.

"My dear," he said to me, "there's someone for you at the front gate."

I frowned. Unattached myself off the pillar wall. "Who?"

"He said he's the younger brother of your king," he said. "From the Jin Empire."

I gasped and without thinking I dashed right outside the castle. That's when I saw the Royal chariot, different from this carriages here. Instead of a wooden door, it's silk, large enough to cover the front. Besides the carriage I saw General Zhao and a few solders with him.

I didn't notice Ella and the others but I approached the dragon carriage and dropped down on one knee with my hand over my heart.

"Fifth Prince, lives a thousand life," I said as a blessing and respect for the prince.

"Mei-Li jiejie!" Once I heard the Fifth prince called for me he rushed to give me a hug. My how grown he has become. "Mei-Li jiejie, I missed you."

This little prince no older than twelve is a kind and sweet boy I've ever met when I was in the palace. I was there with my master who tutored the young prince. Secretly, I would spar with him and teach him sword fighting. He's was so young but learn quickly. He knew I would join the army since I told him everything. I doubt his brother the emperor would have known since then.

"I miss you too, my prince," I said, embracing him.

He pulled apart and pout. "Don't call me that. My name is Ling. Call me what you use to."

"Alright," I smiled, then faded looking at General Zhao and back at him. "Ling'er why are you here?"

"I've came to get you," he replied.

"Why?"

"Uncle Zhao told me that you saved his life but you've ended up falling to the river during the fight with Khan."

My mind then thought about the epic battle. General Zhao was head to head with Khan. Then Khan's dirty trick had almost lose General's life not until I stepped in. But was countered with losing both my arms at the same time. I thought I had him, but I was foolish and not protected myself.

"Does the Emperor know?" I asked.

"He knows, but he wasn't happy when they presume you dead," he replied, "he commanded a search party for you. But was a fail."

I stare at the prince towards his expression when mentioning his older brother, the Emperor.

I bet he's happy I went missing knowing of my true identity.

"Then how did you find me?"

"I asked Uncle Zhao and his men searched for you day and night for two years. When they finally heard of a lady warrior with her Jade sword in Enchantia and saved the kingdom. That's when we knew you were here."

News travels fast. And I'm so happy to see Ling again.

"So, when are you coming back?" I didn't answer, until he noticed my expression. "I know you don't want to marry my brother. I don't want you to do either. He's a snob."

"My prince," General Zhao stepped in. "Please have respect for the emperor and your brother."

"I don't care what I say, he's make a bad emperor. He couldn't even save his own people." Ling was practically yelling. Angry not at General Zhao but at something else.

"Ling'er? What happened?"

He looked down with a sad expression.

"Ling'er?" I touched his shoulders wanting an answer. "What happened?" I asked again.

"I thought after two years we will live in peace from Khan since our last victor battle with him but...He came back and more ruthless as ever."

"What happened?" I clinched my fingers on his shoulders. I prevent myself from changing form.

"He destroyed another villages a month ago and another last week in less than three days." There's sadness in his eyes. "Mei-Li jiejie, you have to come back and save us. I know you, your the strongest fighter I known. Even Master said it too. Please! Please! Come back."

There's was the moment that I wanted to go home and visit my parents grave. Since Ling came to retrieve me back to the Jin Empire I should not refuse. He needed me. I can see his desperation in his eyes. He wouldn't count of his brother to save his people, so Ling came to me. Someone who would help him. Someone he trusted.

I looked behind my shoulder and saw Ella with Alina in her arms. Turn my head back since I've calmed down. I smiled at the young prince.

"Let's discuss it inside and I would like to introduce you to everyone, okay?"

Ling looked hesitate about leaving but he sighed and nodded his head. I took his hand and lead towards Ella and everyone as I introduce Ling to them.