Chapter 30

Lucas

One kill after the next I felt alive and victorious at times.

My breathing turned into hard air in my throat. Sweat and dirt mix the smell of blood filled the air of this battle field.

I watch my brothers and Ella taking on their side killing each one. Syrena, the mermaid dancing around with a orb of water in between the palm of her hands and once the enemies draw close to her she lift her hands and the orb released sharp pointed spikes straight at each of the enemy killing them instantly.

She is so small yet, strong.

Eugene cut one who was behind her saved her. She squealed only to lung on his body but pulled away acting so tough made the big guy smile.

I guess our younger brother is smitten with the tiny mermaid.

Matt and Ella were back to back fending off their group. Matt with his skill in sword and Ella's crystals has created a perfect combo team. Then I noticed Matt's sword look just like Ella's crystals. She must have created his sword to be link with the Enchantia Crystals making it easy for him to kill off his enemy.

I felt a shadow above me and saw the black dragon attacking one enemy that looked like those griffins from the myths and the sister who isn't in her dragon form released blue light rays from her palms striking down the air team. Those monks or what I've heard were helping too protecting this sacred grounds. I understand how important this place is and why they approached us like we were the enemy, I don't blame them. They were just doing their duty.

I heard Khan's laughter and found Mei-Li sword fighting against him. This guy is bigger than Eugene combining an Enchantia Oak tree is no match for Mei-Li to do this alone.

I pivot my feet but was pulled back. When I look who was pulling my cloak. Ling was there.

"Kid, let me go," I said, in a frantic voice.

"Let her do this," he said, calmly.

"You expect me to let my future wife- if she agrees to and the future mother of my children - if we are going to have kids - does she want kids?" I grunted, shaking my head. "I will not let her fight alone with that monster."

"Mei-Li is the strongest person I know," Ling began. "She blames herself to what happened to the parents who raised her as their own before finding out she wasn't their real daughter. She has to defeat Khan or else she wouldn't return the the family she once thought of her own. She owes them a lot. And this is her payment to return to them so they can Rest In Peace."

I click my tongue and saw Mei-Li blocking every swing from Khan's massive sword. She looked frustrated and will lose if the end of the blade strikes her. But what this kid prince said, she has to do it. For her mother who was killed by Khan's ancestor and her adopted parents who raised her by the enemy she is facing right now.

"Believe in her," I looked back at Ling. "You both love each other and I saw in her eyes when she came back with us she kept spacing out because she was thinking about you the whole time. You love her and she loves you which she didn't make the declaration back but that kiss was proof." He chuckled as he continued. "I know she will save us all once this is over and Khan's wrath will no more create darkness clouds over the Jin Empire and she will finally be free from her nightmares. I believe in her."

This young prince maybe the youngest among the group but he has some serious determination in his bodyguard. He will make a great leader someday.

I swift my eyes back at Mei-Li, who didn't look in need of any service. "Prince Ling, let's make this easier for us and help Mei-Li by defeating every last one of these barbaric animals and save the Jin Empire."

He laughed. "You don't have to tell me twice, Prince Lucas."

We had our back pins together once an incoming enemy from each of our direction came at us but we instantly struck them down as we continued taking each threat blocking our way to victory.

"Hey, maybe when I marry Mei-Li what do you think of becoming a Godfather to my first child," I huffed while piercing my blade at my next opponent.

"Judging by your character I'm saying you want more than one child," Ling question as he killed another.

"Maybe," I grunt, blocked an incoming ax from a bull, threw it hard with a force and cut the heel of its hoofs bringing down to his knees and cut his throat. "I don't mind filling the palace with children. Seeing my brother and Ella with their two great children I envy what they have."

Ling made a cartwheel turn around avoiding an elephant's truck who had more than one swords. He jumped on top of its head and pierce his blade through his thick ivory skin made it roll back its eyes and created a loud and heavy thump to the ground. Ling stand on top of it, pulling his sword out.

"But do you think she will leave and marry you?"

I narrowed my eyes and chuckled. "What do you mean? You saw our kiss of her approval. She loves me."

"Yes, but," he paused for a bit. Thinking of the words he will say that would upset me, "now we know who she really is, an Immortal Guardian, the younger sister of Twin Dragons. And judging by her stubborn character she will choose to be a protector than stay with you."

"Okay, now your really ticking me off," I said harshly raising my voice. "She has a choice. Not you or me or anybody. I don't care if she half dragon. I love her. Matt loved Ella since they were children and still loves her even after what she has been through with her wicked bitch stepmother. She may not be human but Matt loves her."

"I get it," he snort. "Don't get angry at me. I'm a prince too. But after this is all over. She has to decide."

I opened my mouth to argue more with this brat but I shut up and never said a word as I help my brothers and the ladies with their side.

To think Mei-Li will stay here and leave me forever isn't what I was expecting the young Prince to say. That kiss was proof she loves me but...I wonder what she will think after learning what she is.

That made me angry and in heat rage I began my own massacre on anyone who blocks my way.