Chapter 37

"Mei Li?"

I blink slowly opening my eyes as blur was first seen before it can be clear to see the man I've long to be with.

The feeling weightless and yet heavy you've felt lost without your body.

After I've seen my mother and glad to be able to met her face to face remembering every inch of her. Now, that I was brought back in a rapid speed rays of light as my soul suck back inside my flesh, I felt my heart beating.

"Mei Li?" I look up at those blue eyes and instantly reach for his neck, snaking my arms around and hug him so tight I thought it wasn't a dream.

"I saw her," I whispered, closed my mouth to his ear for only him to hear. "I saw my mother."

His arm wrap around my waist pulled me closer to his warm body as he listen, while everyone is there to listen.

"She told me not to live in regrets anymore and think about the future. She also said I'm free and see outside my dark shell." I pulled apart and look at the man I urgently want to spend my life with. "I realize now how life can be short but if only they do it for the sake of love. My mother ended her life for me and...she didn't want me to be with her."

Lucas move his hands and cupped my face gently. "You better not leave me or I'll swear I will follow you to the ends of the earth."

I chuckled softly, then sighed closed my eyes for a minute when I turned to face my father and his wife.

Getting off the ground. I bowed my head in respect for the Gods we worship for a long period of time.

"Zi Wei," I heard my father called my name as I felt him step closer to me. I lift my head up only to be stun by his embrace. "My child, my daughter, Father is sorry he didn't told you the truth. I became your teacher because I couldn't bare to be separated from you and your mother. I had your memories erase for your safety. I would of help you defeat Khan but this was your fate, I couldn't interfere with the humans anymore since I'm King of Immortals." He trembled, tightening his embrace as I heard him whispered in a rasp. "I...I couldn't protect your mother. I couldn't kill Khan myself that day she killed herself. If I'm god then why couldn't I protect the people I care deeply for."

My father spoke in sadness as he sob hiding his face. I understand why he couldn't save mother. He couldn't get himself involve with human affairs. He too feels regret and guilt about my mothers death. He is in the same depressing and dark condition that I had console him.

"Master...I mean, Father," I pulled him apart and stare at his almond round eyes, looking at his gold pupils. I never realize how beautiful he is for an Immortal I just thought they look hideous because they live longer than humans do. It's going to take time to call him that since I have not one or two but now three fathers, except he's my real father. "Mother, she told me to say hello, then said she misses you and everyone."

Father in tears, pulled a handsomely smile and put our embrace back while chuckling against my ears. "I miss her too, so much."

I smiled, patting his back as the woman, who I assume is Rong jie, my mother call her. Came by my father side. Once my father let go, she too gave me a big hug stating how much I look like my mother in so many ways. Mu Yan and Yao Shi were giving me the same affection as their mother and how much they miss me and neither of them recognize their little sister whom they haven't seen for a long time.

I was having a family reunion when I look for to see Ella with her arms cross, with a stern face and Matt begging for an apology. Confuse, I took a step away from my family and approach my friends.

"Lucas, what is going on here?" I asked him, who he, his brothers, and Syrena were all watching the couple.

"Syrena told Matt, Ella is pregnant. So, the protective husband he is got angry at Ella but since you two have a fairy for a mother, the baby is safe and secure even when Ella is using her powers snapped back at Matt, who now is apologizing for his behavior earlier when he should trust his mother-in-law."