Chapter 46

"Mother!"

I call out loudly once I entered the Ashford estate to find the Fae, Priscilla and another woman whom I don't recognize. She wore full on pure white gown that shimmer without lights surrounding her, her hair is the same platinum white hair as Mother and a beautiful white veil that covers from head to the floor.

Mother smiled brightly at my sudden eagerness to see her. "Mei Li, darling, shouldn't  you be back at the palace resting after giving birth. Farangis, she's one of my adopted daughters. Isn't she beautiful?"

The woman before me in such elegant manner, properly set down the tea cup after taking a small sip and patted her lips with a clean cloth. Once she set down her cup, she rose from her seat and started to approach me. Not realizing in the beginning but she's wearing some kind of steel mask over her eyes. How could she see through that thing? But what surprises me is that she doesn't have trouble finding me where I stand.

I felt her cold hands as she took hold of mine and started rubbing it. I looked to Mother wondering what is going on but she just smiled.

"Yes," the odd woman began. "She has a bright future ahead of her just like your other daughter Ella."

She meet Ella already?

"Strong, bold and brave; is what makes Mei Li special."

"Okay," staring at the elegant woman before me in confusion to what is going on. Until Mother explained it.

"Farangis is our village oracle she sees things that no other fae can. Past. Present. And future."

I just nodded my head understand a little more. "I see."

"I brought her here because I needed her help on some certain person," Mother said.

"Certain person?"

"Yes," Farangis took back her seat and took another sip from her tea. "Your mother told me that you saved and befriend a mermaid princess."

"Yes?" I looked at Mother. "What is this about?"

Mother sighed. "I can't let it go wondering something odd about that mermaid. But what I senses is the evil inside her. The aura around her is no ordinary demon. In theory, she made some kind of contract with the sea witch, Delmar."

My body flinch at that name Syrena told me about a sea witch who granted her the power of a demon living beneath the ocean floor. What I didn't know that Mother knew about the sea witch.

"I'm worried she might turn against us. So, I have Farangis come by and take a look at her and what outcome of the mermaid princess would cause in the future."

I built up a bit of anger inside. "You can't jut assume she will turn evil because of some demon living inside her. Syrena isn't that type of person."

Seeing how guilty she was, Syrena just wanted to save her kingdom from a bloody war and avoid Delmar at all cost even if means never again set foot in the ocean.

"You knew of her guilt and yet never said anything," Farangis said, made me gasped surprisingly. "I told you, I can see everything especially in that little head of yours."

"Syrena didn't have a choice." I mumbled. "Doctor Hyde granted her legs whenever she wants to walk on land so she can search for the ancient weapon either on land or sea. But..." I clenched my fist tightly, and gritted my teeth. Feeling the depth of anger rising of frustration. "I don't know what to do to help her. You saw, you heard that if she doesn't find the weapon she will die. I want to help her, she's my friend, our friend and I never allow myself to leave a person behind because they will turn into a bloody thirsty demon. Demon or not, I will help her at all cost."