Chapter 38

"Let me go, you buffoons!" he swings his fists again only to miss from a short distance.

"Your highness, we found him near the trees tied up."

Matt took a step forward his soldiers and glance at the small man, who has pointy ears, white hair in a mess, full round lenses cover his large eyes, and clothes I have not seen before, wearing a white cloak.

"Who are you?" he asked. "Why were you tied up?"

"I should ask that monster who kidnapped me to be his personal scientist and turned all his men into savaging beast!"

Scientist?

Nicolas tense up next to me. I arch a brow unsure why he looked nervous so suddenly when this small dwarf introduce himself.

"Wait!" Syrena step in to defend the small man. "He's Doctor Albert Hyde, he's not a bad person."

"Thank you sweetheart," Dr. Hyde glared back at Matt. "Now put me down this instant!"

"Matt," he turn to look at me. "He's telling the truth. Not only that, he's the Doc's cousin."

"You mean, Doc's cousin?"

"Oh!" the small doctor perked his ears. "you know Franklin? Yes! he is my cousin. Is he alive and well?"

"Father is living well with Mother," Ella implied. "I'm Ella."

Dr. Hyde tilt his head at Ella. "The name is Dr. Albert Hyde or what my other cousins calls me Grumpy since I am when I'm stressed out or pissed off. I never knew Franklin has a daughter I don't not of and he isn't married either unless he is still with that cunning fae"

"Pricilla?"

"Yes! Her!" Dr. Hyde cringe. "That bloody no good woman cast a spell on my cousin so he can be smitten with her. My cousin can be such forgiver so easily."

"There's more of you?" Question Raj.

"Yes, there are seven of us. Called us the Seven Geniuses."

"Priscilla and the doc are in peace I can assure you, doctor," said Brendan.

"Can I have your word? I still don't like that pixie. Because of him Franklin decided to live outside of our homes city. Emerald City."

"But they sometimes argue," Nicolas added clearing his throat finally spoke, pushed his lens above his nose. I could see how nervous he looked. "They need to take that business else where quite irritates me."

"I agree, son. I hate all that affection between a man and woman. Woman are too much of a crack to the skull and kick in between."

"I agree with you, Doctor Hyde. I absolutely agree with you." There was light in Nicholas eyes as he and Albert Hyde share similar traits.

"Nick, stop being a prude," Eugene said to him.

"Your the prude!" the youngest snapped at one of his older brothers, "Do you even know what the word means? You can not leave that mermaid's side during the battle watching her drown the enemy using her magic powers with her half naked body. I mean her skin looked different. Did you not noticed that or were you too focus how her body looks?"

Eugene purse his lips and turn away clearing his throat. "I wanted to make sure the little lady isn't injured."

"Sure, you were, and here I thought Lucas was the only brother I know with a perverted mind."

Everyone laughed except Lucas and Eugene who didn't like the idea they were put in the same level then attack their youngest giving his a hard head rub and playful punches as a warning next time not to talk about their older brothers like that.