Chapter 8

"Are you sure you can't stay here for another day?" Ella was hugging me tighter in her arms. I'm about to lose air.

"Ella..." I wheezed. "You are crushing me."

"Oh," she pulled away and chuckled. "Can't handle my strength."

"Believe me, my neck can be in pain sometimes," Matt implied, which gave Ella a playful glare at her husband. He gave an apologetic in return.

"Oh, love, maybe I can massage that later tonight," she smirked. Matt gulped and looked at his brothers for help. They weren't much of a help knowing what Ella can do if they ever challenge her.

I chuckled.

"Ella," taking her hand, "I have to go. I've been away too long from my country and as a soldier of the Jin Empire I have my duty. Also, I haven't visited my parents for while."

Ella hugged me again but, this time she soften her embrace. "I wish I could go with you. I wanted to see your country. My Father has been there before, he would bring me some of your silk fabric made out of Jin Silkworms. I remember them very soft like clouds."

"How do you know what clouds feels like?" asked Nicolas. "Tis physically impossible."

"It's just an expression Nicolas, I was just speculating the idea of what a cloud would feel like," she said.

Everyone laughed, so did I.

"Someone outsmart a bookworm," Eugene quoted, Nicolas scoffed and pushed his lenses to the bridge of his nose.

"Jiejie," Ling called to me. "It's time to go."

"Yes, my prince," I looked back at Ella, Father, Mother, Grace, the two adorable children who looked like they were about to cry for me and begging me not to go. I felt very bad and heartbroken just by the expression on their faces. I'm going to miss them. Then I continued looking at the Aurelius brothers, King William; I bowed my head as respect and thanked him.

Last but not least is the man who kept my heart beating every day. The man who is way out of my league. The man who I should not interfere in my life and be a part of his but that was too late the day I held my dagger at his neck.

I looked at Lucas and he's seemed very angry at something, actually at someone.

He didn't say anything when I announced to everyone that I'm heading back to my country and to fight Khan and his men. Lucas should understand as a fellow warrior to another that I pledged an oath to my country and the king who I do not respect as one to fight.

"Thank you," I bowed for all of them. "Thank you all so much for giving a second home to call to. I'm greatly in your debt."

"You are always welcome," Father stepped forward. I held back my tears reminding how much love and care in the world my own father shows to me. "Your home is with us."

"We will never forget you," Mother smiled, gently placed her hand on Father's shoulders. "So, don't forget about us. Come back until you fulfilled whatever is blocking your path."

I don't know how she knows. After all, Mother is a fairy. Can't hide from her.

"Lady Mei-Li," King William came forth. "You're welcome anytime when you come to visit Enchantia."

"Thank you, your majesty," I bowed to him again.

I was then attacked by small arms on my legs and sobbing children. "Please don't go, Auntie Mei-Li." Elian whined with tears in his eyes. "Stay with us, you promise to give me another ride on your back."

"Mei stay," Alina sniffled.

It breaks my heart seeing tears from children. I bent down an eye level before them and pulled them in a desperate hug. I held them tight in my eyes as a pang feeling in my heart tells me not to leave these cute adorable children who I watched them grow and wanted to see them grow more.

"I'm sorry little ones," one drop of a tear was no longer on hold fell from my eye. "I promise this when I come back I'll give that ride."

"Promise?" Elian sniffled and wiped a tear from his eye.

I nodded. "I promise. Once I'm finished my job, I'll come back to Enchantia."

He hooked his small arms around my neck and hugged me. Alina did the same pulling in another hug.

"Alright, you two," Ella took Elian while Matt took little Alina in his arms. "Aunt Mei-Li has to go."

"Goodbye Ella," I said, tears were building up from my eyes. "I'll miss you, my dear sister."

"Same for you, sister," Ella began to cry silently, "be safe. And when in need of help, don't trouble yourself to call for me. I'll be there right by yourself."

I nodded. General Zhao called out an order as I took steps back capturing the image of my friends, my new family, and Lucas one last time before I leave the country.

I mount on the horse provided for me. General Zhao commanded his men were to head out back to the Jin Empire. My horse started to follow the rest. I looked over my shoulder promising myself not to look back but I just had to.

Elian and Alina were waving goodbye. I waved back. Then my eyes caught Lucas who looked away and was no longer standing there. Probably mad and angry, it's better that way. Better for the bother of us.

Turning my head forward on our journey back. Lightly kicked my horse to move up next to the chariot.

"Mei-Li jiejie?" Ling peered through the small window opening the flap of cloth that blocks his view. "Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine, my prince," I assure him.

"It seems one of Prince Matthias's brother didn't want you to leave."

"He's probably late to me some woman at the tavern," I said firmly. "He's not of my concern since I'm heading home."

That was a lie. I had to lie to Ling. I didn't want to show I do have a bit of concern inside of me thinking about Lucas. Hopefully, the young prince will fall for it.

Once I'm back on Jin's territory, I must face another obstacles dealing with the Emperor himself. I just hope I can convince him that I have no interest whatsoever to be one of his wives.