Chapter 44

It's been months since the huge war against Khan and his army of beast men taking over the Jin Empire.

I made myself sitting on my hind legs as I pray towards the Peach Blossom tree that my father had grew for my mother.

After Ling, well Emperor Ling declared my death for me to marry Lucas. With my fake death, my name would have to live up the legend so, instead of General Mei Li, it's General Ziwei. My birthname, the name given by my decease mother. I have to live a new life with the name I've been known to me since I was a baby. I know it's wrong of me but it's for the best to not stay in the past with the name I do not recognize. It is best to leave it behind with my mother so she will know I will always be with her.

I discussed this with my father first and explain if I'm worthy of marrying someone. What my father told me is to follow my heart and no matter what accept that fate. Such wise words from a dragon god. Even my older twin siblings insist to go through it. Though, my older brother wants to keep tabs on Lucas just in case he makes me sad.

Before meeting Lucas, Ella and everyone else I made a vow to serve Jin Empire, to serve my people and the emperor. But now I'm in mix emotion that I asked Lucas one little thing. And that little thing did not go so well as his eyes watered and he's in full tears that he cried against the big guy Eugene who patted his back in comfort as well as his brothers were there. Seeing him cry just made him more humiliating that I don't see him as a perfect prince. But, that is the way he is and I accepted him.

It's only half a year and this man couldn't wait.

I rose from the ground and bowed again honoring my mother's and those who I cared for to rest. A plate of fresh fruits and scented sticks stick on the ground. I picked my sword and smiled.

"Well, today is the day isn't?" I chuckled.

Living in home where I was raised I had to live a normal life as unwed woman living alone and hunting my own food. Ella and Syrena, who stayed at the Aurelius castle visit me often and talked about what is happening. Doc, and Priscilla along with Elian and Alina would visit me too. Ella is already blotting with her unborn child still nesting inside her and couldn't believe how blooming she is.

Just the thought of having children with Lucas would be a blessing. One with have Lucas blonde hair and blue eyes would be amusing.

Looking up at the Peach Blossom Tree I heard large hooves approaching behind me and the cries of the horse.

His scent filled the gust of wind as it sent me in awe. My sense of smell is very strong combining my dragon blood and the doc's science made me the woman I am now to have people around me.

I looked around with my hair in my face, turn,  and saw him standing there next to his horse dashing as ever.

Tears were already forming in my eyes as I ran towards him and into his arms. Lucas picked me up, holding me tighter. My face buried in his neck taking in his sweet scent.

Oh that toxicity scent of his I could never forget.

"I missed you," he whispered.

"Me too, I miss you too." We pulled apart as my tears continues to fall with joy. Lucas reached with his finger and caught one and brushed my hair behind my ear. My hair grew fast that it past my shoulders.

"Ready to go home?"

I smiled and nodded.

Pounce on his horse and Lucas took the seat behind me holding the reign as I took one last look at the Peach Blossom Village until we both left without turning back.