Chapter 36

I couldn't stop my tears from flowing. Seeing how my father and the Grand Master had given their life to protect me and my mother. My mother took her life to save me and Khan lied that he had killed her. He only said that not to be bellow of himself of not killing my mother.

The memories flashed me once again and everything was gone. The scene of the village, my adopted parents and the skies, and trees. All disappeared.

I looked around for a way out when I felt a presence behind me.

Looking over my head, I quickly turn my whole body to face my mother who wore a very bright white hanfu, her hair neatly flowing behind her back and no blood anywhere. She stood there, staring at me as she pulled her beautiful smile. She was glowing all over. She stayed her youth figure after she died.

"Mother?"

I croaked, only to be able to see her.

"Zi Wei," she spoke my real name. "My precious Zi Wei. I'm so sorry you had to see what you saw and took away your memories."

I shook my head, and sniffles as tears were building in my eyes. "No, mother, I should blame myself to be born and cause you to lose your life."

I blink only to see my mother right in front of me close as she touch my face, cupping them and I felt the warm feeling I've long forgotten. "Don't blame yourself for that. You are my most precious treasure and I couldn't afford to lose you. You were created by the love between your father and I even if your gifted with that great power. It was the only way for me to protect you."

One drop of my tears fallen, rolling down my cheek. "I can't believe," I choked my words, "I can't believe I've forgotten about you."

She pulled a gentle smile. "You never forgotten about me, my love, you and the Jade sword are one now and I'll always be by your side."

More than one tears drop as she wipe them away from my cheeks.

"Zi Wei, me loving your father I didn't not regret even if he is already married and an immortal. I'm supposed to be the priestess of his temple yet, when he came to me, injured as a human being I couldn't ignore it. Though immortals are the strongest they can still get hurt. I met him and believe me he was stubborn to help me aid him." She chuckled. "But as soon we became more than just aquatinted with one another we eventually fell in love not knowing who he acting was I never push him away. I've broken the law of deflowering myself and lost all my priestess power, but I've kept a bit of it inside the pearl before that ever happened. Then you came into my life and everything around me didn't matter, only you."

My mother stood tall, a. It smaller than me as she smile. "You defeated Khan and conquered your nightmares of what happened to me, and your adopted parents. Now, you are free. Free to do as you please, like loving a certain prince who is place in your heart." She had her hand over my heart as it beat against the palm. "Status shouldn't be of concerns when your in love. If you love him, you must remember to always cherish it. Like I did with your father."

I took my mother's words and thought about love. Love shouldn't matter if your different from your significant other or where you come from as long as he is there with you, by your side and will cherish every loving moment until you both die then you will feel no regrets. Like my mother did. Loving my father and giving birth to me was her cherish memories before she left the soil and entered the spirit world in order to protect her love ones. And she can never forget it.

My mind race thinking of my friends and Lucas. Worried if he survived the fight against Khan's man.

Lucas, I know I dislike him at first for being much of a womanizer bastard and his annoying tease that makes me anger but, him near me and no other women is the only thing that gives me a hard pulse and a drumming heart. I push him away because I feel I don't deserve his love only to be concern if he ever leave me, to the afterlife. It was hard for me to do so but it was for his own good to be always angry at him. The more I push him away the more he keeps walking through my dark halls of grieve and regrets it is like he's the light to lead me out. His voice, laughs, smile, his warm when he kissed me so tenderly and his beautiful alluring eyes I could not get enough to erase from my mind. He means everything to me and...

"I do love him..." I whispered making my mother chuckle.

"Now that you understand, see for yourself what he means to you," I narrowed my eyes at my mother who waved her hand then something enlarge on the white wall of nowhere in a mirror shape and flash a scene where I saw Lucas with my sleeping body in his arm, holding me and rocking me, stroking my dirty face and hair

"Mei Li, please, love, wake up," he pleaded with sadness in his tone.

"Lucas, you have to give time for her to come back to the spirit world," I saw Ella there next to him with Her husband and the rest of the Aurelius brothers, also concerned about my lifeless body.

"She needs to come back now!" Lucas snarled at her but Ella didn't flinched but sighed.

"I know Mei Li and she's the bravest woman I know, she will never let herself trap in the spirits world like that because of her regrets. Lucas, wait patiently for her return."

"She needs to come back so I can let her know I would never allow herself to be isolated and show my love for her."

I swallowed hard and allowed my ears to hear Lucas words into my heart. I know I've been cold to him and always sent deadly glares to warn him to go away from me. I don't need anyone to get close to my heart. Every minute, hour, days and months at the palace he and I would play cats and dogs, I'd run and he gives a chase.

"Go to him," I turn to my mother, "go back to your friends. The ones who cares deeply about you. Your free, my dear, you are no longer in the dark. There are so much more to do outside that dark shell."

"But, mother-"

She stop me, taking my hand, and smile. "Go, you have to go back. I may no longer see you grow up but, I will always be by your side, technically speaking," she glance at the sword for a short moment and chuckled. "You and I are never apart."

"Mother..."

"Go, Zi Wei...go," her body started to glow bright as it cascade her.

"Mother!"

"Don't worry, I will never leave you. Tell your father and everyone I said hello." I made movement, out stretching my arms to grab her before she leaves me again. She shook her head. " I'm always here with you..." the more the glow of bright light covers her the more she fades turning her body into glowing butterflies as they flutter away with the last of her voice whispered in the blank air. "Always."