Chapter 16

Lucas

Another morning arrives and I haven't got a clue how long Mei-Li left Enchantia.

Why do I miss her so?

With no news of her from Ella, I would often head to the tavern and have a fun time with the women but it didn't feel the same. I don't get much excitement as usual.

I pour myself another cup of liquor. Drowning down my throat leaving a tasteless feeling I inhaled sharply.

"Hi Lucas," Meredith came approaching me with her cleavage flashing in front of me. Hers are larger than the other girls and was tempting until I lost interest. "Need me to satisfy your needs?" She purred.

Her fingers trail my arms as I yanked it from her. "Leave." I snarled, not in the mood.

"Aw, what is wrong? Did a lass left you a broken heart?"

"No, and I don't want to tell you because it is none of your damn business," I was beginning to get angry. "Now leave."

"Touchy," she chuckled, not affected by my ill manner towards her. I was supposed to be respectful towards women. My mother taught me but right now I wasn't much of a gentleman. "Well, since your not in the mood. I'll leave you to your sorrows."

When she finally left I pour again only to be snatched by Matt. I grunted. Feeling the light dizziness forming in my head.

"I never saw you get so drunk," he said. Taking a shot.

"How did you find me?" I hiccuped.

"How did we find you?" Eugene took the other side of the table pouring himself a drink. "Since you were in no mood back at the castle. The brothers and I figured you would be here with women all over you but found you empty handed." He laughed.

"Shut up, Eugene," I snarled.

"Easy brother," Matt says, giving a warning that brothers shouldn't fight. "We didn't come here to exploit yourself over a woman."

"Mei-Li is not just a woman, she's my woman," I declared angrily and drunk.

"We know, that is why Ella asked us to bring you home."

I look at my eldest brother. "Why?"

"Mei-Li finally sent her letter."

That hit me right in the gut. I rose from the table. "Why didn't you tell me in the first place?" Was all I said then dash out from the tavern with my brothers following me.

I mount my horse and galloped my way back to the castle.

Just minutes away, I hop off, ran up the long stairs and burst through the doors like a maniac. Searching around for my sister-in-law I head to the garden found her and her kids playing. Syrena growing Emerald flowers as she clapped and giggles at her creation. Elian holding a single flower turned the whole thing into crystallizing ruby. These children are learning to control their powers very quickly.

Ella found me breathing hard and urgent. "Your finally here."

"Uncle Lucas!" Both children rush towards me linking their bodies around my legs.

"Children, let go of Uncle Lucas's legs-" Ella paused and sniffed the air. So did Grace, the large bear she grunt backing away from the strong odor. "Did you drink?"

"I'm sober."

"Maybe because you heard about Mei-Li," she said. I nodded. She waved the letter in her hand. "Just arrived."

"What did she say?" I ask anxiously. Then Matt and Eugene came through the garden.

"My gods of all-" Ella lift a brow at her husband warning that children are present. "You,"pointing at me, "couldn't you wait so we can go together."