Chapter 25

"Mu Yan?" I murmured. If I remembered, she was known to be one of the vicious demon with such beauty and eat men's heart once she attracts them. Well, that is what I've heard from my mother. Now, that I think about it there was some human remains at the bottom of this cave. I'm not sure if it was her pet who ate them trying to steal the elixir or her. I didn't let my guard down and held my Jade sword to my side. "Great Mu Yan, I apologize for our intrusion. We only seek for the elixir."

She hummed. "The elixir?" her voice became normal tone, she look behind her and pulled out her palm and flash a tear drop vile in her hand. "You mean this?"

I shook my head hysterically. "Yes!"

She shut her hand and made the elixir disappeared. I frowned. "Nope, I'm sorry. But, the elixir are only for the gods and you are just a mortal."

I cringed. "Please!" I dropped down on my knees and bowed my head begging. "Please, oh great one. I need that elixir to save my prince."

She didn't say anything but I sense she was looking at Ling who is suffering from the curse. I felt her presence pass me as I flinched grabbing my sword only to find her crouching down next to the prince. Syrena sat back with a frightening look up close to a demon. Mu Yan hover her hand from head until she stop at the midsection of his torso. 

"He's been curse." she said, with her hand over Ling's midsection. "This is serious dark magic." Her eyes adverted to my sword and gasped. "Where did you get that sword?"

I looked at my Jade sword and narrowed my brows. "It was my father's. He said someone gave it to him as a gift when he was in the army."

Once I said that, my sword disappeared and reappeared in the hands of Mu Yan. I was grunt getting to attack to retrieve my sword back but she stop me with  her palm facing me. "Calm down Mortal." 

I back down and glare, cautious if something she were to do something with a weapon in front a weak prince. I can not let her do that.

"This is no ordinary sword," she glance at me with her dark eyes. "Do you know?"

I shook my head.

"Your father never told you what this sword is and what it can do?"

I shook my head again adding a single word, "No."

She sighed deeply as if irritated but she spoke calmly to explain, "The sword your weld and in your possession is one of the legendary swords. There are twenty swords and this one is side to be the most precious one."

"Why is that?" 

"Because this sword can not only take a life but also give life; meaning save a life from death." She turned her attention at her dead pet and I followed to see it floating on the water, motionless. "I can see the reason why you instantly killed my Divine Beast because you took its life while protecting your friends." the demon smiled. "It has seemed this sword already choose you to be it's master." 

She handed me my sword back as I gave a look at it. "This simple sword is legendary?"

"Call it all you want, but no matter how simple it looks, it holds great power of life and death and you decided the fate."

I snapped my head up. "Does that mean I can cure Ling's cures?" 

Why didn't I notice that before? Father never told me how great this sword was but he slaughtered so many lives its no wonder he was a great soldier before losing his legs. 

"It's possible, but you have to do it before the curse reach his heart otherwise it wouldn't be affected."

"How?" I was practically yelling but I didn't care who this woman is. I need to save the prince and deal with his brother and his for dogs.